Most Powerful WR450 Exhaust

Without a dyno, that's a very subjective question. Most pipes tend to show the biggest gains in only one area, low end, mid range or top end. My advice is to do some searches using some of the more well known exhaust names and decide based on what you find. For me, I run a Dr.D pipe with an FMF SX Powerbomb. Great increase in the low end, but I've also lowered my gearing to 13/49 for the single track that I mostly ride...SC

Dazza, I got procircuit ti gp lowboy system on my bike.

It is an all out aggressive low - mid pipe on the WR's. Awesome torque right from the get go.

I added a set of hotcams to get the power shifted up top and what I ended up with is a bike that rips from idle and doesn't let up untill you let go of the throttle. The cams softened the low end hit, added mid range and top end is AWESOME!!! On the stock cams, I feel the pipe made the power feel flat on top.

I have an '05, not sure what this pipe is like on the '07+?

My personal favorite on the '03 -'06 WR is the GYTR oval muffler. If you want linear power all the way to top, this muffler is for you!

Mutu,

Have you noticed the price of GYTR bits in Oz?

I paid US$294 (approx AUD 350) from the US.

In Oz they wanted AUD 680!! Almost double.

Even after paying shipping it was cheaper to buy from Texas!

Something wrong there mate. Its the same in Europe where we get shafted...

But anyway looking forward to making some real noise soon......

• 3 months later...
My personal favorite on the '03 -'06 WR is the GYTR oval muffler. If you want linear power all the way to top, this muffler is for you!

What can you tell me about how loud this silencer is? Did you use your stock head pipe?

Thanks!

-Bill

I had the White Brothers XCR slip on using the stock head pipe after 3 rides it now lays rest in the garage. Since the WR head pipe is smaller than the YZ I have gone to the Yoshimura YZ stainless system and BAM problem solved. I cannot tell you if it is just the Yoshimura or if in fact any YZ system will solve that problem. And yes I did so with the stainless system not because of price but due to the fact I crushed 3 Ti headpipes on my 2004 in 1 season

P.S. if anyone is looking for a White Brothers XCR used send me a PM. I will be back after New Years going to race my cars and Quad.

What can you tell me about how loud this silencer is? Did you use your stock head pipe?

Thanks!

-Bill

I have not had the pipe noise tested but it is VERY loud, not a drama over in the mountains of Thailand but I suspect the US noise police will be on your arse pretty quickly.

This is with the standard header pipe.

• 4 weeks later...