HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machman

need specs: JE 10.5:1 101mm XR650L piston

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I just ordered this piston but would like to get my cylinder work done while I'm waiting for it. Do any of you have the spec sheet for this piston so I can get my machinist going?

:thumbsup:

Sorry to tell you , but you have to wait for the piston. There are mfg differences between pistons and the piston to bore clearance needs to be set to the actual piston measurements.

I got the specs emailed to my by JE. The guy didn't say this would be a bad idea.

...I highly doubt there are any differences from piston to piston.

Thoughts?

I got the specs emailed to my by JE. The guy didn't say this would be a bad idea.

Thoughts?

actually there can be. absolutely send the piston in with the cylinder to be measured and matched for the new bore job. why trust a piece of paper with numbers on it when you can have real world mesurements from 2 pieces of metal that will be living in very close contact with each other?

Thoughts?

What does the machine shop say?

...okay okay, I'll wait till I get the piston:bonk:

Man, you guys are convincing!:thumbsup:

LOL! just dont want to see a TT brother have any issues down the road, ya know?:thumbsup: