HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cobalt650

Yammie Striking First??

6 posts in this topic

Too small but atleast they're trying, alot better than the weak attempt with the CRF230. It's a far better offering than the XT225 off road. So any step is a positive one I suppose.

I guess I'm still a "Honda guy". It's getting harder to remain that way though. I'm tired of thinking, why won't Honda sell me something like that. And guess what--that something is frequently a Yamaha.

That thought sorta cuts both ways. I still want a Honda, but they just aren't building the machines I want.

Honda's brand equity is very strong. But it's not infallible. Yamaha has come a long way in all areas of motorsport over the last 10 or 15 years. Honda better get with it or Yamaha is gonna steal me away.

I guess I'm still a "Honda guy". It's getting harder to remain that way though. I'm tired of thinking, why won't Honda sell me something like that. And guess what--that something is frequently a Yamaha.

That thought sorta cuts both ways. I still want a Honda, but they just aren't building the machines I want.

Honda's brand equity is very strong. But it's not infallible. Yamaha has come a long way in all areas of motorsport over the last 10 or 15 years. Honda better get with it or Yamaha is gonna steal me away.

I agree with much of your post, and can claim similarly.

I'm not really a "quad guy", but they are fun, and I wanted something for ya-ya's, dunes, and power to spare. So I have a 2007 700R. Honda didn't have what I wanted, so I bought what Yamaha made.

I am now looking for a new dirt bike. I am torn between the WR450 and CRF450. They are both worthy machines.

To sum it up for me, I am a Honda guy, but the big 4 (or 5 if you bring in KTM) all make good things. Pick one, ride, and grin. :thumbsup:

Yamaha just announced a dual sport, EFI version of its WR250F, the WR250R. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/595/0/home.aspx

If the WR450F/R is next, that would be one sweet ride. Come onnnnnnn, Honda :applause:

Great news---gotta love it when manufacturers listen to consumer wants.

I'd like to see the 450/? be next.

One raised eyebrow, though...the 250 seems weightier than I'd have guessed (and wet is going to get it close to just shy of 300lbs):

Dry Weight 276 lb (CA 278 lb)

Oh, well...it's a good sign, period. :thumbsup: