Yammie Striking First??

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Too small but atleast they're trying, alot better than the weak attempt with the CRF230. It's a far better offering than the XT225 off road. So any step is a positive one I suppose.

I guess I'm still a "Honda guy". It's getting harder to remain that way though. I'm tired of thinking, why won't Honda sell me something like that. And guess what--that something is frequently a Yamaha.

That thought sorta cuts both ways. I still want a Honda, but they just aren't building the machines I want.

Honda's brand equity is very strong. But it's not infallible. Yamaha has come a long way in all areas of motorsport over the last 10 or 15 years. Honda better get with it or Yamaha is gonna steal me away.

I guess I'm still a "Honda guy". It's getting harder to remain that way though. I'm tired of thinking, why won't Honda sell me something like that. And guess what--that something is frequently a Yamaha.

That thought sorta cuts both ways. I still want a Honda, but they just aren't building the machines I want.

Honda's brand equity is very strong. But it's not infallible. Yamaha has come a long way in all areas of motorsport over the last 10 or 15 years. Honda better get with it or Yamaha is gonna steal me away.

I agree with much of your post, and can claim similarly.

I'm not really a "quad guy", but they are fun, and I wanted something for ya-ya's, dunes, and power to spare. So I have a 2007 700R. Honda didn't have what I wanted, so I bought what Yamaha made.

I am now looking for a new dirt bike. I am torn between the WR450 and CRF450. They are both worthy machines.

To sum it up for me, I am a Honda guy, but the big 4 (or 5 if you bring in KTM) all make good things. Pick one, ride, and grin. :thumbsup:

Yamaha just announced a dual sport, EFI version of its WR250F, the WR250R. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/595/0/home.aspx

If the WR450F/R is next, that would be one sweet ride. Come onnnnnnn, Honda:applause:

Great news---gotta love it when manufacturers listen to consumer wants.

I'd like to see the 450/? be next.

One raised eyebrow, though...the 250 seems weightier than I'd have guessed (and wet is going to get it close to just shy of 300lbs):

Dry Weight 276 lb (CA 278 lb)

Oh, well...it's a good sign, period. :thumbsup: