HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxtherat

Best exhaust for wr 426

7 posts in this topic

I am currently running a fmf q pipe and I really like how quiet it is but I want an exhaust that does not stick out so far. Has anyone seen a silencer that is more tucked in, like the newer 4 strokes, but is still some what quiet? I had the fmf ti 4 on my 02 crf 450 w/ the quiet core and that was about as short of an exhaust that I could put on that bike so maybe that's still the best choice.

The old 5 valve 426s are some what louder than the new YZFs and there is no way you will find a shorter exhaust that will keep it at or under 96db. The FMF Q is best pipe for any 426!

The old 5 valve 426s are some what louder than the new YZFs and there is no way you will find a shorter exhaust that will keep it at or under 96db. The FMF Q is best pipe for any 426!

Q2 and a Stainless PowerBomb header will keep that noisy bike at about 93db.

Thats what I run.

Is the Q2 any shorter that the original Q? Again, it's too bad that there is not a Ti Q for that bike. There is room to make a shorter muffler if the mid pipe end of it had some sort of taper to tuck it in lower. I would settle for 96 db and repack it monthly.

you can just stay with your muffler that you have now and just cut about 3 inches of the end then re-rivet your end cap on, this will make it tuck better and a little louder at the same time.:thumbsup:

you can just stay with your muffler that you have now and just cut about 3 inches of the end then re-rivet your end cap on, this will make it tuck better and a little louder at the same time.:thumbsup:

The FMF Q has a internal chamber for sound damping. If you cut that out you will be defeating the whole point.