Best exhaust for wr 426

I am currently running a fmf q pipe and I really like how quiet it is but I want an exhaust that does not stick out so far. Has anyone seen a silencer that is more tucked in, like the newer 4 strokes, but is still some what quiet? I had the fmf ti 4 on my 02 crf 450 w/ the quiet core and that was about as short of an exhaust that I could put on that bike so maybe that's still the best choice.

The old 5 valve 426s are some what louder than the new YZFs and there is no way you will find a shorter exhaust that will keep it at or under 96db. The FMF Q is best pipe for any 426!

The old 5 valve 426s are some what louder than the new YZFs and there is no way you will find a shorter exhaust that will keep it at or under 96db. The FMF Q is best pipe for any 426!

Q2 and a Stainless PowerBomb header will keep that noisy bike at about 93db.

Thats what I run.

Is the Q2 any shorter that the original Q? Again, it's too bad that there is not a Ti Q for that bike. There is room to make a shorter muffler if the mid pipe end of it had some sort of taper to tuck it in lower. I would settle for 96 db and repack it monthly.

you can just stay with your muffler that you have now and just cut about 3 inches of the end then re-rivet your end cap on, this will make it tuck better and a little louder at the same time.:thumbsup:

you can just stay with your muffler that you have now and just cut about 3 inches of the end then re-rivet your end cap on, this will make it tuck better and a little louder at the same time.:thumbsup:

The FMF Q has a internal chamber for sound damping. If you cut that out you will be defeating the whole point.

I don't know but if you want to sell your Q let me know!