2006 big bore scam

i bought a big bore kit from an offline store, i talked to the guy on the phone and told him i have a 2006 yz450f dirt bike, i had to send the old cylinder in for a 200 dollar core charge and the kit that came in was a "bored and replated clynder" he had said in the add it would come with "wiseco" piston and rings, what came in was "je" brand piston and rings, when i went to put my bike back together i noticed the gasket didnt line up, (cometic) when i looked on the back of the gasket kit it is listed 04-05 then i went online and matched the number, it is for a 04-05 atv, the cylinder that he sent looks like it matches the head but i dont have my old cylinder to compare it too, does anyone know if the 06 450 atv has the same cylinder as the 06 450 bike? i have sent emails to the guy i bought it from and left messages but there has been no reply, i think he just sent me what ever he had in stock, i know i will have to get a new gasket kit (80 bucks) but the clynder really has me concerend, i dont know if i can say the name of the store i bought this kit from here to warn others, some advise would be greatly apprecaited

they called me back and said everything they sent was wrong and the only thing they have in stock is a new athena kit that they are chargeing me 100 dollars more for, they are shipping it to me monday, i feel they are trying to make good, anyone tried the athena big bore?

I had an Athena 290 kit on my '03 YZ250F................loved it..........no problems at all! ?

after he called me saturday he told me he opened two boxe to compare the quad vs the dirt bike and saw a small differance in the gaskets so the parts came in today and the dowel pins in the bottom gasket were to small so i punched the to fit when i went to put the head gasket on it didnt line up, he sent the wrong gasket kit again, i can only guess when he opened the boxes he was puffn on something and confused himself, this has been a real bad time, can i post his store name to warn others? i have left emails and phone messages but he hasnt called back yet, i called a big store parts dealer and they told me there is a small differance in the gaskets for the quad and the bike, i want my money back and my bike fixed

man thats messed up! I would be postin his store name all over tryin to get people to steer clear...not once but twice he sent you the wrong parts plus charging you more the second time! what a shame. So you guys like the big bore kits huh? I have a 426 anyone run a big bore kit in one? If so hows she run? Good luck with your bike and finding a place that will get you the right parts the first time. I can understand makin a mistake once but twice? not very cool. You have to pay for shipping the second time?

I put a top end in my 06 YZ450 bike earlier this year. Just like the original poster, I got the wrong gaskets from a very good store. The cometic catalog they were using listed the 05 and 06 as the same gaskets. It was very confusing. When the kit came in, the writing on the kit said 03-05 but their catalog listed it for an 06 as well. I sent it back and went to the dealer for the top end gaskets. At the time I did this, there was no cometic 06 kit actually available since they were selling the 03-05 for the 06 as well. So it may be that the parts guy is getting bad information from his books and he's not quite as bad, just sort of bad.