Yzf 426 crank sprocket. Do I have problem or not. Pics.

it does look like it has some wear....the sprocket in my 00 looks just like that....but i fried my rod bearing big end and the woodriff key has been moving in its slot on the crank so i have to replace the left crank half:foul: as for your i would say you could probally just get away with a new chain if yours is bad....

but if you need info just wait for "grayracer513" hes a walking yz "encyclopediabriyamaica" hell know if your shows signs of too much wear and hell probally post a response to this as well...he keeps his eyes open for us yz guys...like a big bro of sorts ...it gets costly to replace that half of the crank...and its a lenghty process too...

Hello

The continuation of my thread but now I only need your opinion. I don't have much experience with 426 so please tell me. Is this crank sprocket good or bad and what do you think how many hours does it have.

1.jpg

http://www3.speedyshare.com/data/690254716/6118173/21127413/1.jpg

The sprocket looks a little worn in the picture, but I don't think that is needs to be replaced. Can you feel any ridges along the teeth with your fingers? If not, then you should be good to go on the sprocket.

The sprocket looks a little worn in the picture, but I don't think that is needs to be replaced. Can you feel any ridges along the teeth with your fingers? If not, then you should be good to go on the sprocket.

well its good that it doesnt need to be replaced...replacing the left half of the crank is costly

IMO it looks ok! and doesnt seem to be worn any,the chain also looks to be in good condition. I have a 06 yz450f with 47 hours on it and the only thing I have done to it is change the oil (amsoil MCF 10w-40w) and clean the filter after every ride (No-Toil filter and use the No-Toil oil,cleaner and grease) The bike runs great!

Thanks for answers. Now I'm happy to change the chain only. The chain is tight but I don't know when it has been changed so I'll change it. Maybe the noise'll go away.

Grayracer513 do you remember my shavings from previous post?

I found another one in magneto and now I now for 100% that it was one one tooth from locing washer on the clutch hub.

As I found everythink in magneto and nothing in oil and filter I think that everything else is ok.

do you remember my shavings from previous post?

I found another one in magneto and now I now for 100% that it was one one tooth from locing washer on the clutch hub.

As I found everythink in magneto and nothing in oil and filter I think that everything else is ok.

As long as you believe you know the source of the fragments, and those parts are in good shape now, you can run it if you feel comfortable with it.