Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KAS

fuel range of the stock tank

10 posts in this topic

My initial impressions of my '07 YZ450F is that it slurps fuel down worse than my YZ250.

I was able to get over 40 miles out of the stock tank on the 2-stroke.

What can I expect with the stock tank on the 450?

I'm getting an IMS tank before my next race in a month, but until then there is riding to be done.

I was able to get over 40 miles out of the stock tank on the 2-stroke.

What can I expect with the stock tank on the 450?

The two-stroke has a bigger tank. Expect 18-24 mpg, roughly. Depending.

I made it 43 miles last weekend and didnt run out. Although I only had alittle left because when you shake the bike you could barely see gas.

i did an 84 mile loop in bullhead a month or so ago and i was just about out on my 00 yz426 with the stock 2.1 gal tank when i got to the truck...all kinds of riding were involved...mostly med paced wash ridin and unexplored territory searching....but there was a straight about nine miles that i spanked a piped and cammed cr450f and still had throttle to go

On my 07 450 I have done about a 60 mile loop with everything to single track to open fields to hill climes with some logging roads also and still have never run out or gone on reserve. :thumbsup:

On my 07 450 I have done about a 60 mile loop with everything to single track to open fields to hill climes with some logging roads also and still have never run out or gone on reserve. :thumbsup:

I hope you never have to go on reserve......since there isn't one. :thumbsup:

My '07 YZ450 gets way better gas mileage than my '05 YZ250 ever did - There is a 30 mile loop outside of Vegas that I have run out of gas on before on my 2t and have blazed it no problem on the 4 stroke with gas to spare...

I have a hard time believing that you can get 60 miles on a stock 06-07 tank, but it is possible I suppose. On my 06 on a 57 mile loop, I ran out at about mile 50, and this was on 96% single track fairly tight stuff, very little wide open throttle stuff, but I wasn't exactly babying it either. I would say 45 on a stock tank to be conservative, unless running out isn't a huge deal because two of your buddies are behind you on XR 400's with big 'ol tanks :thumbsup: