HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onecolumbyte

YZ 400 Leak at Coolant Pipe, Need Parts

5 posts in this topic

My '99 YZ400 is leaking coolant at the coolant pipe right behind the header tube. I thought the hose might be cracked (or god forbid the little coolant Y pipe). After searching I see that there's also an o-ring down there where the pipe enters the block.

My problem is this, I'm supposed to leave for a big riding trip Tomorrow. How do I get this fixed by then? and with only 1 trip to the dealer? Any chance they have these parts in stock? Is there any where I can find the right size coolant hose and/or o-ring except at the dealer? Flame away if you want about being unprepared but this is the problem I got.

Talk about bench racing, how bout bench wrenching! I'm here at work and all I can think about is how to fix my bike, at home 15 miles away.

I'm here at work and all I can think about is how to fix my bike, at home 15 miles away.
I'm feelin' that. :thumbsup:

If you can't get that O-ring (PN 93210-16500-00) from the dealer, try the nearby Tru-Value Hardware store.

i would just carry some extra fluid and fill it as you need it.....If i were you i would wait and replace all the inner seals and parts of the water pump. I say that the waterpump will get worse (my got worse after finishing a long day of riding)

the repair is very easy. it just take lots of time and the removal of the right side crankcase cover.

Good luck getting it fixed!!!!

Patrick M.

Greyracer, THANK YOU. Haven't got to try the part in my bike yet (still at work) but the parts department actually had it in stock. That has NEVER happened before. I'm certain it was because I asked by part number. Any parts request that starts "I have a '99 YZ400..." is doomed to failure.

Patrick,

I don't think it's leaking from the waterpump weep hole. But you're difintely right and I will carry some coolant.

...the parts department actually had it in stock. That has NEVER happened before.
God knows what all else it fits...

:thumbsup: