HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianM500EXC

Dog gone bog is gone - Zip Ty + Power Bowl

5 posts in this topic

(Also posted in Jetting forum.)

Bike: 2004 WR450F with the following power mods: YZ exhaust cam, Vortex ignition, YZ exhaust, open airbox, JD Jetting , R&D Power Bowl, Zip-Ty carb mod.

I was having problems with “the bog”. After buying the R&D Power Bowl, the bog was getting better, but still there. So, in a final attempt to get rid of it completely, I sent it to Steve at Zip-Ty for the carb mod. Steve’s great to work with – never in a hurry to get off the phone and answers all your questions. Their carb mod now includes a completely new AP linkage.

When I installed the Zip-Ty modded carb, almost all of the bog was gone, but some was still there. Called Steve, and he walked me through tuning the adjustable leak jet in the Power Bowl. Bog gone!

Seems the best combo for me is Zip-Ty + Power Bowl. Yes, I could save money on the Power Bowl by pulling off the carb bowl and messing with the leak jets, reinstalling, testing, and doing it all over again. But, now I don’t need to pull the bowl – ever. My only adjustments will be the needle position and jets through the bowl drain bolt. So glad to be done with the bog! :ride:

Call Steve at Zip-Ty. They sell the Power Bowl and a good price, so you can send it out, and they’ll have it back to you in a week, ready to go. :thumbsup:

How much did the Zip-Ty mod and Power Bowl end up costing you? I'd like to get rid of that tiny bog down I get from time to time.

How much did the Zip-Ty mod and Power Bowl end up costing you? I'd like to get rid of that tiny bog down I get from time to time.

Check out these two pages:

http://ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTUyMA==

http://ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTUxOQ==

If you're going to do both the Power Bowl and Zip Ty carb mod, call Steve at Zip Ty. You'll save $ on the Power Bowl versus retail if you buy it from Zip Ty with a carb mod. I don't know because I bought the Power Bowl first from another vendor, so i didn't get the combo discount.

For anyone reading this, if you like fiddling with adjustments, maybe the price is too high. As for me, I'd rather ride, so getting rid of the bog for good was worth the price.

It's $300 for the combo package as listed on the website...SC

Thanks for that. Great deal, considering the Power Bowl alone retails for $250.

I just called today to thank Steve for his awesome service. Steve's out, so guess who answered - Ty Davis. Nice guy - Very cool.:thumbsup: