buy excel rims or not?

hey i want to buy gold excel rims for my blue yamaha.i have the money but i want to know what you think of it!my stock silver rims(excel too!0 are in a very good shape so im thinking if this move is a money waste!they wear out quick?help guys!

it is a bling factor....I waited 20 + years to do it on mine(spend the money)...black rims, black hubs....but it sure makes the bike look trick...and makes you as the owner smile every time you look at them....

Also if you do the entire wheel...you know have a set of wheels of rother compesition tires....or race wheels....

who cares what WE think of it, its what you think about it. i think its a complete waste of cash (even if you do have the money) the gold probably wont scratch up as bad as black, but dam the black wheels, they look old fast and sweet when they are new. if the bike has excels on it, theres no reason to replace them with colored ones in my book. but keep your old ones, you never know when you may need them. do what YOU want...WE DONT OWN YOUR BIKE

who cares what WE think of it, its what you think about it. i think its a complete waste of cash (even if you do have the money) the gold probably wont scratch up as bad as black, but dam the black wheels, they look old fast and sweet when they are new. if the bike has excels on it, theres no reason to replace them with colored ones in my book. but keep your old ones, you never know when you may need them. do what YOU want...WE DONT OWN YOUR BIKE

you are right!we dont own your bike!? i think a lot before take any fast decision!

DAMN GA426, your bike LOOKS SICK!

One question though, how did you keep the WB logo on the exhaust pipe? Mine didn't last a month before the logo came right off. The outside one broke off in a very slow tip over, and the inside logo slowly but surely started to unstick.

I finally broke down and spent some money on black wheels and blue hubs. I'm gonna keep my stock wheels for practice and sell my current practice wheels to try to make up the money. If you do it right you can keep your cost way down. I just laced mine up myself (saved $200 in lacing cost) and to be honest it was really easy. I'm gonna get them on my bikes this weekend and I will get some pics then. Here are some pics I took last night after lacing them. I only have about $650 USD invested to build all four wheels, and I figure I can get about $450 back by selling my current practice wheels on ebay.

DSCF0206.jpg?t=1189786100

DSCF0208.jpg?t=1189786121

DAMN GA426, your bike LOOKS SICK!

One question though, how did you keep the WB logo on the exhaust pipe? Mine didn't last a month before the logo came right off. The outside one broke off in a very slow tip over, and the inside logo slowly but surely started to unstick.

Thanks Adam,

I have never had any trouble with the inside label...other than the slight complaint that a drunk or post bonghit assembly person stuck the outside WB label on and you can tell:excuseme:

Have your dealer call WB...and get you 2 more....or 3 and send me one:thumbsup:

And to anyone wanting complete talon/excel wheels...MotosportOutlet.com may have some more at 800.00 assembled and ready to ship

i didnt mean for my response to come off as rude or anything. but i think thats how yall took it. what i meant was that. this is YOUR bike, YOUR money, and YOU should do what you want to with it. dont listen to people that hate on your wheels or whatever just cause they dont like the color or cant afford them. i got two sets of wheels, both silver, i just think !I! can spend my money elsewhere. i just meant for YOU to do what satisfies YOU. sorry about the confusion

i didnt mean for my response to come off as rude or anything. but i think thats how yall took it. what i meant was that. this is YOUR bike, YOUR money, and YOU should do what you want to with it. dont listen to people that hate on your wheels or whatever just cause they dont like the color or cant afford them. i got two sets of wheels, both silver, i just think !I! can spend my money elsewhere. i just meant for YOU to do what satisfies YOU. sorry about the confusion

no worries....and I agree with you.....but the bling factor need over whelmed my wallet...?

I finally broke down and spent some money on black wheels and blue hubs. I'm gonna keep my stock wheels for practice and sell my current practice wheels to try to make up the money. If you do it right you can keep your cost way down. I just laced mine up myself (saved $200 in lacing cost) and to be honest it was really easy. I'm gonna get them on my bikes this weekend and I will get some pics then. Here are some pics I took last night after lacing them. I only have about $650 USD invested to build all four wheels, and I figure I can get about $450 back by selling my current practice wheels on ebay.

DSCF0206.jpg?t=1189786100

DSCF0208.jpg?t=1189786121

How did you only spend 650 for 2 sets of wheels?????

How did you only spend 650 for 2 sets of wheels?????

By taking my time and being very patient. I looked for the best deals everywhere, mainly on ebay. It took about 7 months total. I did all of the lacing and truing myself. I found used hubs in good condition on ebay, and I changed the bearings in them since that is about all that can go bad with a hub (as long as you look at them to make sure they were not run with loose sprockets). You can buy new pro wheel rims for 80 bucks to your door. If you take your time, you can have wheels cheap.

By taking my time and being very patient. I looked for the best deals everywhere, mainly on ebay. It took about 7 months total. I did all of the lacing and truing myself. I found used hubs in good condition on ebay, and I changed the bearings in them since that is about all that can go bad with a hub (as long as you look at them to make sure they were not run with loose sprockets). You can buy new pro wheel rims for 80 bucks to your door. If you take your time, you can have wheels cheap.

Wow! Well you made out really really well. ?