HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CReffex

650L Which tail rack and luggage???

4 posts in this topic

In the market for a new tail rack for the L. KInda want to keep my factory bag, but don't mind switching it to the front either. So what's the general concensus on the best rack at teh most reasonable price??

And as far as luggage wise, what is the best setup on an L for a weekind trip, say 3 days. I was thinking my small saddle bags, small tail bag, and maybe ordering a small tank bag, but not sure how the tank bag is gonna be on my Clark 4.7.

Thanks guys, JOn

In the market for a new tail rack for the L. KInda want to keep my factory bag, but don't mind switching it to the front either. So what's the general concensus on the best rack at teh most reasonable price??

And as far as luggage wise, what is the best setup on an L for a weekind trip, say 3 days. I was thinking my small saddle bags, small tail bag, and maybe ordering a small tank bag, but not sure how the tank bag is gonna be on my Clark 4.7.

Thanks guys, JOn

Sounds like the setup I have. The tail and luggage racks are first rate, and I got them from ebay. They are made specifically for the L with very good welds, black powder coated, and strong alloy for durability. I recommend because the price for the full setup will only run you about $160. The tail rack alone is only $65. Here's a pick of the racks on my bike:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc176/rodrigeo/XR650L.jpg

After this, I then got the Wolfman saddle bags and a tail bag. I don't have a pic of them mounted, but soon will as I will be going camping with my setup in a couple of weeks. I haven't bought the tank bag, but the Wolfman one seems perfect to mount on my Clarke 4.7 gal tank. I will post the full set up with camping gear and all when I get closer to my trip date. But as for the racks here are a couple thumper talk threads attesting to the ebay store ones:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547892

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545862

George

I had a Happy Trail rack but replaced it with this one from cycleracks.com. for $139. I've got a couple pics in 'My Garage' as well.

XR650LRearjpg.jpg