24mm triple clamps for the 06 yz450f

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you wanting to change to the 24MM clamps. Stock is 25MM offset. you will never notice a 1MM change. I would not waste my money on that type of change unless you just want rubber mount bars. I am running the Zipty 17MM offset clamps and they are the best thing I ever did. MXA magazine also stated that if they were going to get any clamps for the yamaha to make it turn they would recommend teh Zip-Ty clamps. They made a huge difference in the way the bike turns, but yet it is still as stable as it was before. Of course even with the changes it will still not turn like a honda, but now you don't have to worry about the front end pushing around every corner.

Why are you wanting to change to the 24MM clamps. Stock is 25MM offset. you will never notice a 1MM change. I would not waste my money on that type of change unless you just want rubber mount bars. I am running the Zipty 17MM offset clamps and they are the best thing I ever did. MXA magazine also stated that if they were going to get any clamps for the yamaha to make it turn they would recommend teh Zip-Ty clamps. They made a huge difference in the way the bike turns, but yet it is still as stable as it was before. Of course even with the changes it will still not turn like a honda, but now you don't have to worry about the front end pushing around every corner.

?

first....24mm even being just one mm change makes the entire difference on a 06

second....reread your MXA article....they determined after every clamp the 24mm was the best all around....and this was for a 07. They hated the ZipTy clamps

third...I am glad you luv your zipty clamps...for 550 - 600 bucks they sure are pretty

fourth....I tried a 06 with the 17mm and found the bike turn in is very strange compared to 24mm

fith.....DRD recommends 24mm for the 06 over all other clamps

sixth....I settled on Applied Racings 24mm and could not be happier....They offer both rubber mount and non rubber mount....and silver, blue or black. I bought them from BTO and you can get the extra stem pressed in or use your trick oem ...also get new bearings and races.

?

first....24mm even being just one mm change makes the entire difference on a 06

second....reread your MXA article....they determined after every clamp the 24mm was the best all around....and this was for a 07. They hated the ZipTy clamps

third...I am glad you luv your zipty clamps...for 550 - 600 bucks they sure are pretty

fourth....I tried a 06 with the 17mm and found the bike turn in is very strange compared to 24mm

fith.....DRD recommends 24mm for the 06 over all other clamps

sixth....I settled on Applied Racings 24mm and could not be happier....They offer both rubber mount and non rubber mount....and silver, blue or black. I bought them from BTO and you can get the extra stem pressed in or use your trick oem ...also get new bearings and races.

Ya what he said :ride:

Boy, for someone who seems to know anything you sure are wrong on alot of points. As I have the article here in front of me, as if you read to the last paragraphs, they said and I quote " for rider who absolutely hate the YZ450F tendency to push in the center of the corner, the 17MM clamps are the viable option. " They later say "this is the offset we would recommend to the YZ450F haters". Boy they must really hat ethem to recommend them. They like the applied clamps but they stated that the benefits were small emough to be erased by bad bike set up, and to expensive for the difference.

Second of all, the Zipty Clamps are only $499.00 look on the web site.

Third, who makes doug dubach a god. Isn't he the one who developed the 450 that handles so badly. I would put Ty davis record to dubach any day. For a guy who has more AMA titles, Baja Wins, WORCS Championships, GNCC CHampionships than all the racers out there, and dubach has how many?

But to each his own, you like what you like, but would really like to know who's 17MM clamps you tried, as no other company makes them other than Zipty. Just don't rip things apart that you know nothing about.

You've read "an article" and now you're an expert who has the chutzpah to tell several long time members that they're wrong. Based on what?

As for the sycophantic adherance to the views of Ty Davis over Dubach, Let me point out that he's a WORCS racer. Dubach is an MX'er. Different deal. He turns corners. Hard.

And while the logic behind the idea that 1mm is too small a change for detection seems solid enough on the surface, until you have tried it, you don't know. I do. And Ga426owner does, too: he owns a set.

As for the sycophantic adherance to the views of Ty Davis over Dubach, Let me point out that he's a WORCS racer. Dubach is an MX'er. Different deal. He turns corners. Hard.

September 12, 2007

Ty Davis To Race The AMA/Maxxis National EnduroCross Series

- press release -

Los Angeles, Calif. (September 12, 2007) Pro-Motion Motorsports announced today that Ty Davis, one of America's top Off-Road racing legends will be competing at all three rounds of the AMA/Maxxis EnduroCross Series. Davis, who competed in the first two Maxxis EnduroCross events and finishing as high as fourth overall, has over 20 years of solid race experience that has garnered him championship titles in AMA Supercross, Enduro, National Hare & Hounds and Hare Scramble series as well as numerous Best In The Desert and SCORE Baja 1000 championships. Davis has been the Top American at the ISDE five times and also earned the 1994 Cycle News Rider Of The Year honors.

"Without question, Ty Davis is one of the all-time greatest off-road racers in America... the world for that matter," claims Tim Clark, co-promoter of the EnduroCross series. "Davis has done it all and won it all. He is still a major threat to win everytime he gets on the start line. I know he missed last year's EnduroCross due to an injury, put there is no question that a healthy Ty Davis can easily make the podium."

Davis, currently owns and operates Zip-Ty Racing, a performance product manufacture of racing accessories. He also still competes full time in the WORCS series and selected high profile Off-Road events. "EnduroCross is the most unique race of them all," explained Davis. "You never know how it's going to turn out. There are always lots of lead changes - and the track itself is really tough. I know it makes for a great show for the spectators and it is definitely the one race I would like to add to my resume." There is more info about Ty Davis online at www.ziptyracing.com

There was a recent thread of an expert/A rider that tried the applied 24mm offset clamps and loved them, made a much improved difference. I'll take advise from the guys that ride hard!!

Good point. I wonder if he's faster than Ty Davis, though? He rides what he sells.

Again, it appears that regardless of whether they are 17, 22, or 24 offsets, everyone is happy. I think this pretty much sums it up.

It is interesting to note that dubach have never won a SX title, yet Ty davis has. Which he beat Jeremy Mcgrath out for in the lites class. So who turns harder, I don't see any titles on Dubachs mantle. In regard to WORCS Racers being slow which the moderater seems to question, it is intersting that the motocross racers come over to the worcs series and get beaten by off road racers. How can that be!! This year Bobby Garrison from the worcs series competed in half of the ama nationas and qualified as #69 AMA number. He qualified 13th fastest at the glen helen national. guess those off road racers sure are slow compared to the super speedy motocross guys.

If anyone has any questions on what team yamaha runs, ask there riders. Barry Hawk runs the Zip-Ty clamps, Jason Raines takes them on the plane with him where ever he goes and runs them. Why would factory yamaha run them if they did not work. Fortunately factory secrets do trickle down the the general public, but unfortunetly the general public doesn't believe the truth. Everyone has there opinion to what they like and maybe the 17's scare an A rider, proably because they work, but don't judge people without knowing who they are. Who knows, I could have an AMA pro number myself. But just because I ride pro, does not mean I am an expert, everything is an individual choice and forums are to help educate, but people seem to forget that.

It is interesting to note that dubach have never won a SX title, yet Ty davis has. Which he beat Jeremy Mcgrath out for in the lites class. So who turns harder, I don't see any titles on Dubachs mantle. In regard to WORCS Racers being slow which the moderater seems to question, it is intersting that the motocross racers come over to the worcs series and get beaten by off road racers. How can that be!! This year Bobby Garrison from the worcs series competed in half of the ama nationas and qualified as #69 AMA number. He qualified 13th fastest at the glen helen national. guess those off road racers sure are slow compared to the super speedy motocross guys.

If anyone has any questions on what team yamaha runs, ask there riders. Barry Hawk runs the Zip-Ty clamps, Jason Raines takes them on the plane with him where ever he goes and runs them. Why would factory yamaha run them if they did not work. Fortunately factory secrets do trickle down the the general public, but unfortunetly the general public doesn't believe the truth. Everyone has there opinion to what they like and maybe the 17's scare an A rider, proably because they work, but don't judge people without knowing who they are. Who knows, I could have an AMA pro number myself. But just because I ride pro, does not mean I am an expert, everything is an individual choice and forums are to help educate, but people seem to forget that.

And on a side note... Are you biased because you work for Ty? ?

Zip Ty will not tell you everything that we do as alot of it we do not want to have copied as this industry has a really bad habit of copying other peoples work. You can guess what we do, but we are not going to tell you. I will tell you this. It takes our mechanics over 1 hour to do the carb mod.

source:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4406202#post4406202

I don't see any titles on Dubachs mantle. In regard to WORCS Racers being slow which the moderater seems to question, it is intersting that the motocross racers come over to the worcs series and get beaten by off road racers. How can that be!!
The point you seem to be missing here, it that offroad racing is fundamentally different from MX on so many levels that the only thing they share in common is motorcycles and dirt. This difference is reflected in, among other things, the equipment.

As for Dubach's lack of titles, we could start with nine consecutive World Vets 30+ championships, or does that not count?