Split the forum.

why does it need to be split.. when you post you always ask for the bike you have. so y does it matter. if the r guys don't like the l stuff just don't read it... if the l guys don't like the r stuff just don't read it.. thats how a forum works. and if you dont know then dont post.. easy rules.... you will not see me in the yx450f forum i dont have one and don't care what they talk about. so y does it matter?

Where I'm from, it's about the R's...

either way is cool with me...I never knew about the "L" cult until I came to this forum...

I think most of the R crowd doesn't give a hoot either way.

sB

+1

Yeah I can relate. Where I’m from it’s all about the L’s (So Cal)…

only law breakers :eek:

and rebels… :eek:

and Baja bound alcholics ride R’s… :eek:?

I think we should have a forum for those of us that follow the rules of the road (like using all required smog eqip.)

…and another forum for greensticker bikes (R’s).?:ride::bonk:

+1

and Baja bound alcholics ride R’s… ?:blah:

I think we should have a forum for those of us that follow the rules of the road (like using all required smog eqip.)

…and another forum for greensticker bikes (R’s).?:ride::bonk:

:eek:

+1

and Baja bound alcholics ride R’s… :blah:?

…and another forum for greensticker bikes (R’s).:ride::bonk::eek:

Lets not start a fued here... again!... ? lets just look at the facts- the "L" is again in production for 08- a strong statement for the proven performance of the "old school air cooled" motor, and the dual sport bike it is in general. And it sells, and you guys keep buying them, so Honda says "why fix it if it's not broken". Even though most of the R guys will testify the L is bulletproof, they still will not be caught dead on one at the same time...:blah: :blah:

And, even though the 07 R may be on the last run as we know it, it is by far the best XR 650 Honda has put together thus far for off road. And, if dual sported, or Super motarded, it is hard to beat in any class... so, lets not argue anymore...??:blah:

Its all Team Red in the end...

It does seem to be a fact that this forum is no longer ruled by the XR650R riders. The major players got tired of what is the best 50/50 tire for my "L" or "R" and went else where....well, that isn't very true either. The Yahoo XR650R group has gone from years of 1000+ posts a month to around 250 posts a month. Riders are moving on to other rides/likes or have got the info they needed to make their XR650R fly and are out riding way to much to be listening to the "L" guys compare what starbuck drink they like best.?

I'd hate to see the forums get too specific on one hand,

and on the other hand, I am glad that the Honda forum is divided up as it is.

The bikes are very different- R's and L's, but at least the big ones we're not lumped with quads, 2-strokes, kids bikes, etc... ?:ride::bonk:

it doesnt. i like to read interesting posts on all these bikes, L, R, 600, 650 whatever. there is always something you can pull away with from any post.

? Exactly... I actually hit All the forums because I've owned many different brands over the years ( I have seven in the garage right now 5 different brands. ) and it allows me to compare for my next purchase. Red, Blue, Orange.. I don't care as long as its the best tool for the job... Personally splitting this forum will do nothing for me obviously.. But I have noticed L guys helping R guys and vice versa and splitting that knowledge would just be stupid...:ride:

• Like 1

Most R guys have owned a 600 or 650l or two,but have since moved on.

I've had a few 600's so i can help sometimes with the 600r queries sometimes but it's way hard to remember some of the stuff.

I would just like a forum for my ride so i don't have to troll through it.