HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123BigcoopDawg576

Replacing Chain - Which One

12 posts in this topic

after 3000 + miles on my chain its time to replace...my question is which brand to use? i know i want an o-ring chain and i know it needs to meet a cc rating of 450+... but again what brands. thanks

Aaron:ride:

RK xso last so long you will only change it because you get tired of looking at it. Not because it is worn or stretched out.

I've always been told to replace sprockets and chain together :thumbsup: or at least the front because it spins over three times faster than the rear. O-ring chains are a way better value for off road trail riding. Just dont go crazy spending a lot of money. Primary drive makes a pretty good o-ring chain that is a great price. You can buy chains twice the price but they wont last any longer.

You should really replace chain and sprokets all together. One tends to wear the other. You want them to all wear together. At least that is the convential wisdom. I always replace all three myself so I don't really know what happens if you don't.

i have a moose chain on mine right now. it's been great.

i'm sure it's been subcontracted from another major brand, and stamped with the moose logo.

DID ATV VM xring, slightly thicker side plates, cheaper price than VM xring for no apparent reason.

Excellent life.