HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reedus

Rekluse adjusting???

4 posts in this topic

Here is the scoop: i bought a bike at auction that started, but you couldn't run through the gears because it was missing the clutch lever. I replaced the lever and it felt that there were no compression spring engaging the clutch, just the little spring on the arm was the only thing that I felt was pulling the cable to the return position. I was mystified and assumed that the clutch plates and springs needed replacing. After removing the clutch cover I realized that the clutch was a Rekluse. My question now is how the hell do they work and how do you adjust them? Thanks for the help

If it doesn't have the purch adjuster installed then the small spring should be attached to a threaded adjuster with two nuts locking it in place.

I'd download the manual from the Rekluse website and read the install instructions so you can get good idea of how its set up and call them if needed. Their tech support has been pretty good over the years.

Must have been strange not knowing a Rekluse was installed.:thumbsup:

Good thing you didn't rev it in gear while sitting still.