HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz450chop

2007 yz450f suspension

4 posts in this topic

Looking for suspension advice for my 07 yz450f

I had an 04 yz450f with RaceTech springs, valves and shock. It felt OK but I would like to hear from other guys if RaceTech is the way to go again. I'm 5'10 and weigh about 220 and ride novice motocross. I pretty much clear all jumps but the stock stuff hurts when coming up short or long regardless of any stock setting.

Thanks.

I just bought an 07 YZ450, I'm 6'0 and weight 220, I really like the stock suspension, felt good for me, I'm coming off an 05 RMZ450 and thought that was good, the YZ felt better, I'm leaving mine alone, I'm an intermidiate rider.

I had an 04 yz450 and went out and got an 07 yz450. I weigh 200 and all i can tell you is that you have to get heavier springs like grayracer said. The stock suspension is very good but pales in comparison when you get the right springs for bike. You are completely cheating yourself if you do not, regardless of your skill level.

Looking for suspension advice for my 07 yz450f

I had an 04 yz450f with RaceTech springs, valves and shock. It felt OK but I would like to hear from other guys if RaceTech is the way to go again. I'm 5'10 and weigh about 220 and ride novice motocross. I pretty much clear all jumps but the stock stuff hurts when coming up short or long regardless of any stock setting.

Thanks.