HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
COAL RUN

need an airbox 04 XR650L

7 posts in this topic

Another good reason to atleast inspect your air filter after every ride. I took the side plate off to clean my filter after a very dusty ride to find... The whole bottom of the air box was gone!:thumbsup: Please PM me if you have one that will fit as I need to get one pretty quick as this prime time to ride with the cooler weather finally moving in.

Another good reason to atleast inspect your air filter after every ride. I took the side plate off to clean my filter after a very dusty ride to find... The whole bottom of the air box was gone!:thumbsup: Please PM me if you have one that will fit as I need to get one pretty quick as this prime time to ride with the cooler weather finally moving in.

the bottom? how that happen?

My friend has a xr600r and a xr650l he is parting out. He is a member over at 4strokes but i dont think he registered here yet. His screen name is jesserosco. He has every part you can think of sitting in his garage. His email is jesserosco@yahoo.com. Hit him up!

the bottom? how that happen?

The whole bottom is gone. I am not sure how it happened, the previus day I rode lots of large loose rocks & tru a newer clear cut with lots of sticks & some logs so i'm guessing one or the other

A new airbox from handa is $90.94. So I have decided to make a patch for now. I took a piece of PVC sheet cut it about 1" larger than the bottom of the box then heated the PVC with a torch & formed it to fit the inside profile of the box(this actually worked better than I thought it would) now I just need to attach it with a couple of rivets & seal it with some structal silicone & I should be ready to hit the woods.:thumbsup: