HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokinaces

new bike. back on two wheels.

1 post in this topic

so originally about 4 years ago i rode a cr 80 2 banger.

then i jumped to a raptor, then to a yfz, about 10,000 into the yfz later i had a full race mx quad and competed a small amount, couldnt afford it, so i had to sell it to put the money into my muscle car. {69 nova}

anyway, now i got my hands on a customers yz 400 {98?}

hes actually one of my close friends, and i knew how bad he was with mechanic work in general. wasnt a surprise that about 2 hrs into riding after HIS rebuild it blew up. he didnt even look it over, just put it away assuming something little was wrong with it.

i get the bike and IMMEDIATELY i notice about a 4 inch diameter hole in the jug. haha, NOT supposed to be there, eh steve? :thumbsup:

upon tearing the engine apart, looks like the timing was off, piston bent ALL valves, and then the piston just basically punched a hole in the cylinder. so the crank, piston, cylinder, head and valves are all screwed.

my plan is to make this into a mx bike, for a starter because im not that good on two wheels. im getting a stock head, a 426 cylinder and piston which im told bolt right up to the yz 400. and a crank.

there was a 8oz zip ty flywheel weight on it, im taking that off.

any other ideas to lighten up this bike/make it more mx'able?

thanks guys {first post haha}