Best WR450 Exhaust System?

White Bro's E2...I liked the one piece molded construction, seems one of the more popular ones along with FMF's Ti-powercore. Easily switch from close circut track riding to U.S.F.S. 96 decible rating with one screw. "so they say" White Brothers retail at $399. Motofrugals.com sells them for $295.99...with free shipping. I will post again once its installed, jetted and tested.

I have a leo vincie full titanium sytem on mine that the previous owner bought. He owns a bike shop here in tulsa and on their dyno added 3.5 hp at the wheel bumping it to 51.9. I dont know what they should make stock but the bike absolutley rips. And its nice a quite, till you give it a little juice, then its just throaty as hell.

I have a leo vincie full titanium sytem on mine that the previous owner bought. He owns a bike shop here in tulsa and on their dyno added 3.5 hp at the wheel bumping it to 51.9. I dont know what they should make stock but the bike absolutley rips. And its nice a quite, till you give it a little juice, then its just throaty as hell.

thats about right.

They make about 47 hp with the free mods (airbox, jetting, gray wire, throttle stop, PMB insert) done but otherwise stock.

From the Newbie Survival Guide...

Finally, a word about the best. "What's the best (insert item here)?", is a silly question regardless of the subject matter. It asks for an answer based on pure speculation and opinion. Since one man's trash is another man's treasure, you will never get a definitive answer with this type of question. For example, if you're looking for the "best" tire, you need to decide that based on the information you find here. Research the threads that address tires and how they perform in various terrain and in various parts of the country. East Coast mud is very different than High Sierra hardpack. I think my favorite questions are the ones that always ask for opinions on the WR. Those are just plain dumb. What kind of answer would you expect from a WR-specific board? Unless a troll is answering, I guarantee the phrases "it sucks", "don't buy one" and "POS" won't be seen.

Nevertheless...FMF SX Powercore w/ Dr. D muffler...I started with a Q2, went to a Ti Powercore, then settled on the Dubach...SC

Just put the whole GYT-R system on my 05. Wow, what a difference, it really rips. Much louder though. I had a PMB insert on the stocker first. It looks like the header is exactly like the stock one so I would think purchasing just the GYT-R muffler would work just as well.

I put the FMF Ti powercore on this summer and I am very happy with it, i paid about $300 for it (wish I had that coupon code then.) With the stock exhaust and my other upgrades I was able to achieve a top speed of about 93 mph, but it took awhile. With this exhaust the bike jumps up to 75 mph, then is sluggish past 83 or so, but who needs to go over 80 anyways? I do. In summary the exhaust seemed to help the mid range power the most, with a slight sacrifice of top end power. It is rather loud but I don't mind.

I'm currently using a Pro Circuit header with the stock muffler, the muffler has the entire baffle removed, only the spark arrestor is in place. The bike absolutely rips with that combination. I was using a yz muffler along with the Pro Circuit header, but it moved the power higher on the powerband so it was only good for open areas, the top-end was crazy though. With the stock muffler minus the baffle the bottom to mid is awesome, specially for riding tight woods, while the top end is still very good. So I guess I got the best of both worlds by just switching pipes.

xrmarty So tell us how she preforms with that fmf system, I was thinking of putting the same on my bike.

Pretty cool looking airbox mods as well ?

The bike really rips. My brother and my good buddy (450xc and CRF450x) both agree that the bike is very fast. I did the grey wire mod and I wasn't to impressed with it for slow tight stuff. So I put it back in. Good power through out the range and not as loud as the my buddy's Pro Circuit Ti.

Where did you get those round inserts for the airbox?

I have a new airbox mod now. I got it from Barnum Pro Product. I think it looks a little more trick.

SNV30239.jpg

Man you run your handguards low xrmarty!!!

I wonder how much protection you are really getting?

Anyway, I wanted the best system money could buy and ended up with a Procircuit Ti GP lowboy system, it added stupid ammounts of power to bottom and mid, with extra on top as well! If noise ever becomes a problem for me, they have a nice range quiet tips available for it.

Just put the whole GYT-R system on my 05. Wow, what a difference, it really rips. Much louder though. I had a PMB insert on the stocker first. It looks like the header is exactly like the stock one so I would think purchasing just the GYT-R muffler would work just as well.

? My personal favorite on the WR's! ?