Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRF250dude26

6'1=tall seat?

11 posts in this topic

I just got finished riding a 06 yz450f today and I am wondering if I should get a tall seat? I am 6'1 and after riding usually my knees hurt really bad and I have never injured them. I think it from when I go from sitting to standing I have to travel alot more because of my height and I do have long legs also.

I just got finished riding a 06 yz450f today and I am wondering if I should get a tall seat? I am 6'1 and after riding usually my knees hurt really bad and I have never injured them. I think it from when I go from sitting to standing I have to travel alot more because of my height and I do have long legs also.

I'm not as tall, but I feel that the pegs aren't the right height, because after riding for a few hrs, my quads burn going from seated to standing. I'm hoping that with the taller seat that things will fit a little better and not fatigue me as much. I have coming this week, so I can report back once I get a chance to ride.

I'm not as tall, but I feel that the pegs aren't the right height, because after riding for a few hrs, my quads burn going from seated to standing. I'm hoping that with the taller seat that things will fit a little better and not fatigue me as much. I have coming this week, so I can report back once I get a chance to ride.

Yea a ride report would be awesome.:thumbsup:

I'm 5'11 and the SDG Tall seat makes all the difference in comfort and handling.....don't hesitate to buy it....89.00 a no brainer:thumbsup:

or keep riding the stocker....a camel seat.....

I'm 5'11 and the SDG Tall seat makes all the difference in comfort and handling.....don't hesitate to buy it....89.00 a no brainer:thumbsup:

or keep riding the stocker....a camel seat.....

Is it easier on your knees?

You might also consider some lower pegs. I'm a little tall and will be getting a set of the lower pegs. I find I'm bent over too much when standing trying to hold the bars.

Is it easier on your knees?

Oh yeah. It is way better on the knees and it is great while standing and sqweezing witth your legs as there is foam between your knees.Just buy one bro:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:jogging.jpg

get in shape!

How do you get you knees in shape? I eat a lot of banana's and drink a crap load of water.

Oh yeah. It is way better on the knees and it is great while standing and sqweezing witth your legs as there is foam between your knees.Just buy one bro:thumbsup:

Well when I get a yamaha I will get one, I just have to sell my kawi.

I have an '06, am 6'1", and went to the tall seat for the same reason. I also run Fastway footpegs, which are lower than stock. I have a trainer, and when he saw me on the tall seat, he said I was not consistantly in the sweet spot of the seat when cornering, and told me to cut it down an inch and turn it into a step seat, which is what SDG starts with. I did so, and although I like the height of the tall seat, the foam is stiff enough that you get some of the benefit of the tall seat, and also get the benefit of the step seat, which holds you into proper position better. YZ's are very sensitive to set-up and body positioning, so having a seat that forces you into the correct position makes sense. It works for me anyway.