2 Stroke dualsport?

Anybody making a 2 smoke street legal dualsport? Mid size would be nice.

They make them, but the EPA will not let them be sold in the US. In the 90's Honda sold a CRM250 in Japan. The last decent 2 stroke dual sport was the DT400 from the late 70's.

I totally saw a newer kawasaki on ebay that was a 2stroke dual sport and it wasnt a converted thing..it was odd.

I found one searching ke100 kawi 2001. The one on ebay was a bigger engine though I wanna say a 300

They make them, but the EPA will not let them be sold in the US. In the 90's Honda sold a CRM250 in Japan. The last decent 2 stroke dual sport was the DT400 from the late 70's.

Sorta true, GAS GAS makes one currently that can be plated here and there are a few chinese ones that get through the cracks and sold at local dealers.

could you plate a 2001 kx125

Why would you want to street legal a 2 stroke? Wouldn't it be a pain in the ass to get gas?

I would think ya...lol

a few suzuki rm-x 250 came street legal. but here it isn't possible to plate a 2 stroke as a street bike unless it was done before 2003

I grew up riding 2 strokes on/off road, kinda miss he hit when Im off road gittin on it, was just wondering, be nice to have the choice. Didnt seem to smoke enough to outlaw them, I thought.

...and the Suzuki TS 250/400, the Honda MT-250 Elsinore, the CZ 250 enduro, the Maico Enduro,...there were lots.

You can find used CR500's plated in the postings now and then. Other than weight, I see no reason for a smoker.

Check your states laws. We can plate 2 strokes in Michigan. Mostly people do it for connecting trail systems.

I just plated a YZ250 in Colorado also.

Which Gas Gas smoker can be plated here in the states? I'm curious.

me too

and as for the question, if u go by the book no but there ARE loopholes that many use to plate cr,yz,rm,kx,ktm, 250s and even a few 125s. there was a thread a few months ago about a plated cr125, pulled 65mph.. not bad

Ya'll missed one, sittin' in my garage!!! 1978 Hodaka 250SL !!!:thumbsup:

Crazy bike, about 5 feet tall with handlebars about 4 feet wide!! And no little flying bugs when your done riding!

Roger

me too

and as for the question, if u go by the book no but there ARE loopholes that many use to plate cr,yz,rm,kx,ktm, 250s and even a few 125s. there was a thread a few months ago about a plated cr125, pulled 65mph.. not bad

Not sure if I would call it a loophole. At least in some states there are legal procedures for converting and registering an off road vehicle. You do have to meet certain requirements still to register it.

I was wondering how to register a quad. Don't have one but just heard from a buddy he saw one down in Florida that was plated.

Ya'll missed one, sittin' in my garage!!! 1978 Hodaka 250SL !!!:thumbsup:

Crazy bike, about 5 feet tall with handlebars about 4 feet wide!! And no little flying bugs when your done riding!

Roger

you had a road toad? any pics ? i would love to see some

Not a roadtoad, but the only Hodaka without a cool name! They made a 250 Thunderdog, but mine was just called a 250SL....as in Street Legal....woohoo! I would buy a Road Toad just cause the name:)

Roger

really? i was under the impression that hodaka really only made variations on the road toad. i saw one once at an off-road expo but never again have i seen one. i love vintage bikes, especially enduros. i still have a 1973 ts 185 that has 2500 miles on it. and it is oil injected. i miss street legal 2 strokes

hmm util the mid 90s Yamaha made a 250 2t TWIN dual sport. don't know if they made it to the states though