HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbsurf

2 Stroke dualsport?

23 posts in this topic

They make them, but the EPA will not let them be sold in the US. In the 90's Honda sold a CRM250 in Japan. The last decent 2 stroke dual sport was the DT400 from the late 70's.

I totally saw a newer kawasaki on ebay that was a 2stroke dual sport and it wasnt a converted thing..it was odd.

I found one searching ke100 kawi 2001. The one on ebay was a bigger engine though I wanna say a 300

They make them, but the EPA will not let them be sold in the US. In the 90's Honda sold a CRM250 in Japan. The last decent 2 stroke dual sport was the DT400 from the late 70's.

Sorta true, GAS GAS makes one currently that can be plated here and there are a few chinese ones that get through the cracks and sold at local dealers.

I grew up riding 2 strokes on/off road, kinda miss he hit when Im off road gittin on it, was just wondering, be nice to have the choice. Didnt seem to smoke enough to outlaw them, I thought.

...and the Suzuki TS 250/400, the Honda MT-250 Elsinore, the CZ 250 enduro, the Maico Enduro,...there were lots.

You can find used CR500's plated in the postings now and then. Other than weight, I see no reason for a smoker.

Check your states laws. We can plate 2 strokes in Michigan. Mostly people do it for connecting trail systems.

Which Gas Gas smoker can be plated here in the states? I'm curious.

me too

and as for the question, if u go by the book no but there ARE loopholes that many use to plate cr,yz,rm,kx,ktm, 250s and even a few 125s. there was a thread a few months ago about a plated cr125, pulled 65mph.. not bad

Ya'll missed one, sittin' in my garage!!! 1978 Hodaka 250SL !!!:thumbsup:

Crazy bike, about 5 feet tall with handlebars about 4 feet wide!! And no little flying bugs when your done riding!

Roger

me too

and as for the question, if u go by the book no but there ARE loopholes that many use to plate cr,yz,rm,kx,ktm, 250s and even a few 125s. there was a thread a few months ago about a plated cr125, pulled 65mph.. not bad

Not sure if I would call it a loophole. At least in some states there are legal procedures for converting and registering an off road vehicle. You do have to meet certain requirements still to register it.

I was wondering how to register a quad. Don't have one but just heard from a buddy he saw one down in Florida that was plated.

Ya'll missed one, sittin' in my garage!!! 1978 Hodaka 250SL !!!:thumbsup:

Crazy bike, about 5 feet tall with handlebars about 4 feet wide!! And no little flying bugs when your done riding!

Roger

you had a road toad? any pics ? i would love to see some

Not a roadtoad, but the only Hodaka without a cool name! They made a 250 Thunderdog, but mine was just called a 250SL....as in Street Legal....woohoo! I would buy a Road Toad just cause the name:)

Roger

really? i was under the impression that hodaka really only made variations on the road toad. i saw one once at an off-road expo but never again have i seen one. i love vintage bikes, especially enduros. i still have a 1973 ts 185 that has 2500 miles on it. and it is oil injected. i miss street legal 2 strokes