K&N for 2006 YZ450F

I know that some (but not all) parts are the same between the 2006 and 2007 yz450's. I am trying to find a K&N for my 2006 but no-one has it listed, not even K&N, however, others have a listing for the 2007. Does anyone know if the 2007 filter will fit the 2006? Thanks.

The YZF (all of them) uses the same air filter from at least 2000 to 2008.

Thanks

I know that some (but not all) parts are the same between the 2006 and 2007 yz450's. I am trying to find a K&N for my 2006 but no-one has it listed, not even K&N, however, others have a listing for the 2007. Does anyone know if the 2007 filter will fit the 2006? Thanks.

The reason they don't list 2006 is cause the filter(K&N) doesn't fit. I bought one. The bottom is too wide. Doesn't let the filter drop down enough for a good fitment. Luckily for me it did fit my wr-250. Check part #'s for airbox and see if they're the same. If you already bought one and it fits, let me know. Maybe they fit now. This was a little over a year ago.

The air boxes are certainly different parts. There are 5 that I know of that all use the same air filters. The cage in an '06 has a part number from a YZ400, the sealing flange in the '06 is from an '03 YZ250 2-stroke, and the filter is from a 1998 YZ250. If the K&N didn't fit, it's their fault.

Frankly, they're not that good a filter in the first place, IMO.

The air boxes are certainly different parts. There are 5 that I know of that all use the same air filters. The cage in an '06 has a part number from a YZ400, the sealing flange in the '06 is from an '03 YZ250 2-stroke, and the filter is from a 1998 YZ250. If the K&N didn't fit, it's their fault.

:thumbsup:

K&N's suck. Use a Twin Air or a Moose.

The only reason I'd want a K&N is so I could run an outerwear element for added protection while riding sand. I also used to glue foam into my airbox side inlets during sand season. So what other filters do you recommend for sand stuff because quite frankly nothings harder on your bike than sand and I am scared to hurt the motor

...what other filters do you recommend for sand
Run your favorite oiled foam element with an unoiled section of ladies hosiery over it. The foam air box baffling is a good idea if you find your self riding through waves of the stuff.
Run your favorite oiled foam element with an unoiled section of ladies hosiery over it. The foam air box baffling is a good idea if you find your self riding through waves of the stuff.

or PC filters...keeps your ole lady from screaming at you:naughty:

or PC filters...keeps your ole lady from screaming at you:naughty:
Why don't you just pop down to the Win-Dixie and buy your own? :thumbsup: