XR650L W/Renazco Picture.

That one was 350 but I wanted something for longer rides and the Corbin just looked funny to me. I am 6'4 and they will go over everything with you prior to them building your seat. That is the area I sit in too and I can tell you it is nice and comfy. I went with leather suede on top but it would have been cheaper to use vinyl on the top. I have several friends that had them on KTMs and one Husky and they loved them. Now I see why, worth every penny IMO...

Looks nice WM .

Did you specify to have the suede area to hour glass in like that, just wondering why they did that ?

Leather/swede, ? I don't understand how that won't asorb water and stay wet for hours, if it gets wet that is ?

Yea, the corbin seats have a weird shape to them for sure.

Does the 350 include the seat base (I would think so?) or they need your stock one ?

I'll chime in since I've owned two now. One on a 640A and one on a TE610. The TE's seat stock absolutely blows. Narrow and hard. Renazco took about a four inch wide seat and made it about 8 inches without looking goofy. They are truly the best seat builders out there for the money right now IMO.

Lee

Hello gents,

I'll try to answer a few of your questions... as I'm the one that built the XR650L seat above, and I am also responsible for many of the RR seats found on this forum.

Renazco Racing is James Renazco in California and me, Chris Hickson in Washington.

The DS / off-road motorcycle seat is a critical element of the "comfort with control" package, as important to the quality of the ride as the bend of handlebars… or even the choice of tires.

Our goal is to provide seats for the discriminating rider. The rider that requires comfort, control and a unique appearance.

We strive to achieve this by talking with our customers, understanding their needs and physical attributes… and then building their seat.

All RR seats are custom made... in the sense that the foams used, the height, profile and width (to a point) are all determined by the following factors:

• The type and typical use of your bike.
  • Your physical dimensions... in particular your weight and "riding inseam".
  • Personal preferences if any.

Of course there a givens and there are ergonomic factors to consider as well.

A good given is that most all DS and dirt seats are too narrow in what we call the "rider sitting area".

Another is that many DS bikes have too severe a slope in their profile that causes the rider to slide forward unintentionally.

Another is that OEM foam is there mostly to hold the cover up and is almost always too hard or too soft.

To answer some specific questions...

Our cover patterns are designed specifically to follow and lay cleanly on a seat's contours, to not impede or foul on the rider and finally, to look good. There are no pattern options as they have been designed for a individual or seat "group" and are not interchangeable.

Suede will hold water if untreated. However, due to it's nap (surface area), it promotes rapid evaporation. Some owners use a waterproofing and conditioning agent... some don't.

All our seats have a second, waterproof, inner "cover"... so even if you get caught in a downpour, the seat's internals stay dry and only the cover gets wet.

Consider... How many of us go out in the rain, or even ride in the possibility of rain and not wear rain gear? So is a wet seat that big an issue?

Seat pricing normally runs from $300 to $400, depending on the materials used in the making of the individual cover.

All seats are reconstructed from the customer provided OEM seat. We don't make pans. If you look at the aftermarket pans out there, you'll understand why. Sure... it means that we can't offer a ready-to-sell turnkey seat, but as all our seats are made by hand, one at a time for individual customers, it hasn't proven to be a problem.

Some customers, in an effort to eliminate any down-time will purchase a second "donor" seat. This is more practical than you might imagine because in many cases they can sell their old seat to another Renazco customer.

I hope this has answered a few questions and cleared a bit of misunderstandings and confusion. If anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to address them either here or thru our business e-mail, which can be found at our website.

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 2

Creeper in the house!:ride: I've known Chris for a few years now and many of you guys probably know him from his demigod status over on A D V. He is a super knowledgeable guy who lends people that knowledge from noobs to salty dogs. Plus he does some QUALITY work on the seats. I've ordered two from him (640A and TE610) and after a 40 mile jaunt today on my XR650R I'll be making an appointment for this winter too. ? One all suede with red stitching please.

Lee

Hey Chris, Thanks for the seat.. I guess you know how much I like it now. I will send a better picture next time I am out at Husky's shop. The only problem I have with the seat is I have to touch it every time I walk by the bike now. My wife is a little jealous.

• Like 1

Creeper in the house!:ride: I've known Chris for a few years now and many of you guys probably know him from his demigod status over on A D V. He is a super knowledgeable guy who lends people that knowledge from noobs to salty dogs. Plus he does some QUALITY work on the seats. I've ordered two from him (640A and TE610) and after a 40 mile jaunt today on my XR650R I'll be making an appointment for this winter too. ? One all suede with red stitching please.

Lee

Hey Lee...

I don't know about that demigod stuff... I've just been in the bike business for a long time and I'd rather share what I know than take it to the grave.

Got yourself an 'R' huh? Great bikes... capable of damn near anything with the right farklization.

I sold the 640A last week. I was a two bike guy for a whole month... and now I'm down to one again. Too bad I haven't had time to ride it.

Black suede with red stitch XR650R? Not a problem. You know how to get hold of me.

193251078-M.jpg

Hey "Whiteman"... glad to hear your a happy customer. The suede touch fix is to get your wife a nice suede coat, or maybe even some pants, that way... everybody benefits. :bonk:

Ciao,

C