!!please Help!!

My bikes (2002 YZ426F) way over filled wiv oil is there an over flow plug any were must know withen a couple of hours please.:thumbsup:

Just loosen the drain bolt on the bottom very slightly until oil comes out then close it right back. If you accidentally drop it just get it back in there asap before all the oil runs out and then check the level and go ride. There is no overflow check bolt like on RMZ's.

My bikes (2002 YZ426F) way over filled wiv oil is there an over flow plug any were must know withen a couple of hours please.:ride:

Did you over fill it or was it already over filled? If you wayy over filled it (unfortunately because its new oil) I would drain it then refill to proper level. :thumbsup: There is a breather on top of the head that should spew oil if you overfilled it to much. A guy once told me it is better to be low on oil then to have to much.

Did you over fill it or was it already over filled? If you wayy over filled it (unfortunately because its new oil) I would drain it then refill to proper level. :thumbsup: There is a breather on top of the head that should spew oil if you overfilled it to much. A guy once told me it is better to be low on oil then to have to much.

I would agree with this suggestion. Oil's cheap, and it doesn't take long. Better to do it right than to wish you had........

Better to do it right than to wish you had........

Man, that's great! I have a list of my favorite quotes onthe white board at work (A picture is worth a thousand words...and hardware is worth a thousand pictures; Flexibility is the key to indecission; No plan survives first contact with the enemy etc.) and this one's going up there Monday morning!

Did you let the bike warm up?

Shut the engine off, then let the oil settle for about 10min in the engine, then pull the dipstick wipe it off, then stick it back into the frame but dont screw the dip stick in, just plug the hole with the dip stick then pull it out and check your level.

If your checking the oil with the engine cold, then your getting an innacurate reading .

Better to do it right than to wish you had........
Man, that's (one of) of my favorite quotes

The variation of that that I know is "Better to do it right than to do it over."

The variation of that that I know is "Better to do it right than to do it over."

Works for me!!!

Another one of my favorites:

Nobody makes it through life alive.......