Tire Question

Just wondering if I could get a few oppinions from anybody who has tried the bigger 90/100/21 front tire on there 06/07 or 08 450. Specifically i'm talking about the Bridgestone 401a or new 403a. How does the handling of the bike feel compared to the stock 80/100/21? Thanks!

Just wondering if I could get a few oppinions from anybody who has tried the bigger 90/100/21 front tire on there 06/07 or 08 450. Specifically i'm talking about the Bridgestone 401a or new 403a. How does the handling of the bike feel compared to the stock 80/100/21? Thanks!

401a works great! Highly recommend it. Anything over stock is going to be better, unless you only ride on dry blue-grove tracks.

The 401a is also better, IMO than the Dunlap 756 and will wear/last longer.

I'd agree with that. The 401a is one of my 2-3 favorite fronts so far. I'm not convinced about the 90/100 size thing though. Odd, semi-tangible reasons. I should probably try one in 80/100 to compare it.

i just tried the dunlop 745 90/100-21 and its coming back off. i was trying to get a little more compliance and it just turns out to be too much difference in f/r balance kinda hard to explain...like variable fork tube height. it probly would'nt be so noticeable to a lighter person,but i had to set the tubes at 10mm in the clamps to achieve my previous balance and then when railing a berm or basically any time there was alot of weight on the front it squishes the tire and it feels as though its front biased;tried different pressures and still didn't like it for that reason. the tire itself gripped great :thumbsup:

use the 90, im not really sure what it does diffrently, but all i know is i was sent one on accident and i was going to send it back, but i decided to see what the diffrence is. the bike actually sticks in ruts better with the 90, so try it, see how ya like it and repost on here if YOU think it actually made a diffrence.

use the 90, im not really sure what it does diffrently, but all i know is i was sent one on accident and i was going to send it back, but i decided to see what the diffrence is. the bike actually sticks in ruts better with the 90, so try it, see how ya like it and repost on here if YOU think it actually made a diffrence.

Thanks for your time guys, I will race on Sunday and try it out. Let you all know what I think.