HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heavyhitter

Will a 110 link chain fit?

11 posts in this topic

I would suggest that you go with a longer chain. I get the longer chain with a couple extra masters. This way you can check it with the gears you like and make it the excact length you want. Then keep the extra chain and masters with you incase you break on the trail.

These are the combos that i know will work 14/45 (same ratio as 15/48) 14/48 & the stock 15/45. never tryed the 15/48 as the front sprocket is quicker to change

I am running 15/48 and the 110 link chain seems to be working ok. The adjuster is let all the way out and it has just enough slack, ( I believe that to be 1 5/8 inches). Hope this helps. ozzy

the 110 desgination is for engine size( a bigger engine will use a sturdier chain and a smaller engine will use a less sturdy chain), it has nothing to do with length. All chains come longer than needed. Just adjust then to the correct length, when I install my chain I like it shorter than most (I find that in my case it dosent "stretch" as much) I usually adjust it so it sits at 9 or 10 on the adjuster when its brand new. You could be different, youll have to find what works for you and the brand of chain you use.

On a further note try running an unbroken chain, they are much stonger than one with a master link in it. Instead of installing the master link in the chain just break one of the links, hook the cahin up and reinstall the link.

oh and although it has nothing to do with the chain I run a 14/45

the 110 desgination is for engine size( a bigger engine will use a sturdier chain and a smaller engine will use a less sturdy chain), it has nothing to do with length. All chains come longer than needed. Just adjust then to the correct length, when I install my chain I like it shorter than most (I find that in my case it dosent "stretch" as much) I usually adjust it so it sits at 9 or 10 on the adjuster when its brand new. You could be different, youll have to find what works for you and the brand of chain you use.

On a further note try running an unbroken chain, they are much stonger than one with a master link in it. Instead of installing the master link in the chain just break one of the links, hook the cahin up and reinstall the link.

oh and although it has nothing to do with the chain I run a 14/45

focal,

110 is the length as in links, I think you may be confused, the chain "size" is a 520.

Just today, I changed the gearing from the previous owner setup of 13/49 to 15/49.

I had to get a longer chain, plus the PO didn't take care of it, so all the o-rings were cracked. I needed one more link, so I guess that makes it a 112.

Can't tell you how much better I like the 15/49 setup. With the 13/49, it was like tractor gearing. I couldn't even take 1st gear through an intersection before I had to shift.