HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ttmojo1

JT sprockets-not enuff offset for 650r

7 posts in this topic

The JT front sprockets for the 650R dont have enuff offset

and put the chain too far outboard by about a 1/4 inch. I should have noticed this at install but didnt.

The frame got litely munched and the funny thing is,I never

heard a grind,rub,snag,or anything. Just an FYI.:thumbsup:

Tony

My current front is a JT 15; no issues.
Same here.

We've done 50+ JT 15t sprockets on 650Rs and have never had an issue (and I have a ton of new OEM 14t laying around if anyone needs).

Correct sprocket?:thumbsup:

I ordered 2 front sprockets in a row from one suplier only to be sent the same front sprocket each time but only for the L. I could tell by looking that it wasn't the right one and got the dealer to send it back and didn't order from them again. Once is a misstake twice is just stupid. Any chance this happened to you? Just a thought. I'm not sure if it would even go on properly.

Looka like I got the wrong sprocket --JTF-309-15

My parts guy is usually excellent. Guess he had a few beers the night

before. I shouldve noticed the offset difference:bonk:

Thanx

Tony

So was it for an 650L? It's happened to me enough that I always double check now befor I leave the dealer. Shouldn't have to I know. I've even helped look up the part # to make sure it's right but when the part comes it's not the # I ordered. I've even had sales people tell me they will interchange the motors are the same.:thumbsup: As if the they are like the XL's and XR's of the 80's. Than I leave.:ride: