HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hooter4444

White Brothers XCR

8 posts in this topic

Well I just got my new XCR exhaust in and couldn't wait to try it out. The instructions were very good and the install only took a few min (woulda been really fast had I not been searching for a dropped bolt) and it went together nicely. I fired the pig up and it sounded great. The XCR produces a nice deep tone with the arrestor in. I have never heard a White Brothers pipe on another L, but I have heard the E2 on a Yamaha Raptor and the tone is very similar. I took a spin down the road and I was amazed at the performance increase! No more throttle lag, and almost no decel pop and I have a stock carb with no mods.

On the way home I suddenly heard the bike get noticeably louder and thought nothing of it having only a few miles on the new pipe. When I got back to the house I saw my spark arrestor was missing. After an hour or so of searching the area where it happened, I returned home empty handed. The pipe without the spark arrestor is quite abit louder, but the performance increase is noticable. As I ride in BLM and USFS areas where they do check for arrestors and noise levels, riding without is not an option and I like to have a quieter machine anyhow.

I called White Brothers to see what they would be able to do for me if anything. I talked to Josh, and after 20 seconds of conversation he is sending a new spark arresor to me. He did advise to check the bolt for tightness before a ride. I have to give a big kudos to Josh at White Brothers for his customer service. There was no questions or a hard time, just a simple solution.:thumbsup:

Based on the customer service alone I would recommened White Brothers to everyone. With the ease of installation, the performance the choice is a no brainer.

:ride:

Well I just got my new XCR exhaust in and couldn't wait to try it out. The instructions were very good and the install only took a few min (woulda been really fast had I not been searching for a dropped bolt) and it went together nicely. I fired the pig up and it sounded great. The XCR produces a nice deep tone with the arrestor in. I have never heard a White Brothers pipe on another L, but I have heard the E2 on a Yamaha Raptor and the tone is very similar. I took a spin down the road and I was amazed at the performance increase! No more throttle lag, and almost no decel pop and I have a stock carb with no mods.

On the way home I suddenly heard the bike get noticeably louder and thought nothing of it having only a few miles on the new pipe. When I got back to the house I saw my spark arrestor was missing. After an hour or so of searching the area where it happened, I returned home empty handed. The pipe without the spark arrestor is quite abit louder, but the performance increase is noticable. As I ride in BLM and USFS areas where they do check for arrestors and noise levels, riding without is not an option and I like to have a quieter machine anyhow.

I called White Brothers to see what they would be able to do for me if anything. I talked to Josh, and after 20 seconds of conversation he is sending a new spark arresor to me. He did advise to check the bolt for tightness before a ride. I have to give a big kudos to Josh at White Brothers for his customer service. There was no questions or a hard time, just a simple solution.:thumbsup:

Based on the customer service alone I would recommened White Brothers to everyone. With the ease of installation, the performance the choice is a no brainer.

:eek:

I have the XCR too...it's nice. :ride: Hey a good betting contest is to see how long you can go before the feds realize it's missing!!!!:bonk:

Geo

I have the XCR too...it's nice. :thumbsup: Hey a good betting contest is to see how long you can go before the feds realize it's missing!!!!:ride:

Geo

Not too long here, most of the good riding areas are patrolled heavily, and they do inspections at the trailheads:busted:

Can anyone post a pic of this pipe on their XRL. I have looked all over the net, but can't seem to find one. I want to know how far it sticks out. Thanks-

James