Show me your dual sported WR....

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of D/S'ing my 06 WR450, and I need some ideas as far as racks, larger tanks that look good and stay functional, etc, etc.... Here's mine, but it's not D/S'ed yet.

Ebay035.jpg

?action=view&current=P1010423.jpg

Hey nick450x, I'm not seeing a picture. Is there something wrong on my end??

here she is

photo#5107156117138080946

I'm not seeing anyone else's pics.... Whats up???:thumbsup:

DSCF1359.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1357.jpg

I'm not seeing anyone else's pics.... Whats up???:thumbsup:

same here

I don't really have any photos to show of my DS'ed bike but it's a DS just the same. Nice thing about living in AZ is that a WR is basicly ready to go right out of the box. All I've done is add a mirror that never get's used and stays tucked behind the headlight and a bracket to hold the license plate.

Any problems with the additional electrical demands? I wouldn't think so but I also don't assume that the WR has the same power generation as the DRZ. Thoughts?

07WR450DSreduced.jpg

Rock n Roll kit-

JD Jetting = Rock

FMF TI Pipe = n

IMS 3.1 Gal tank = Roll

Fender Bag

$25.00 keyed on/off switch (minimal protection)

Guts Seat (Tall Soft)

$150 DS kit (brake light, dual beam headlight, horn, mirror & plate holder)

DOT Tires

Just received the correct AIS removal kit.

Last dirt bike I owned was back in 1989, a 87 KX250. The WR is awesome!

Here's my 06. Got the Trick Dual Sport kit, Acerbis 3.2 gallon tank, Wolfman Enduro tank bag. Just got a small tail bag, probably won't bother with a rack as i don't think I'll do much long distance stuff on the bike.

wr450_3.jpg

You just buy them in england ready to go, fully road legal.

I wish we had it that easy here. I'm wiring my own kit, which is looking pretty easy except for the flasher unit. I can't seem to figure out how to get the blinkers to blink!! Everything else is working but that. I bought all of the stuff from Tucker-Rocky for around $150. A few scraped knuckles is worth the money I saved by buying a pre-built kit....

Albie, how do you like that tank?? Was it an easy install?? What if any problems have you had with it??? I think that's the one I want....

eissinger4, I have the same setup as albie with the trick dualsport kit and the same tank on my '06. I had no problems with the tank, just had to bend the right side radiator brace a little bit (unabiker). Do a search, I believe Clark was the one that has some good pics and info about the fuel line routing.

Thanks, I'll do that...

You just buy them in england ready to go, fully road legal.

Rub it in will ya, I'd love a 07 WR450F plated in commiefornia.

We can have a person drive a 4000 SUV, but we can't have a person with a 250 pound bike on the street...except if it's a vespa.:thumbsup:

May07003.jpg

dec06a012.jpg

May07001.jpg

I would NOT buy another Dakar Dual Sport kit.

I would buy anything else but that brand

The DBdawg kicks butt in the YZ pipe. Best 30 dollars I spent on the conversion

I have since taken the front tire off and replaced it with a knobby and am careful on the pavement with it. I got tired of falling in turns with that tire

Where did you get the licence plate holder?

07WR450DSreduced.jpg

Rock n Roll kit-

JD Jetting = Rock

FMF TI Pipe = n

IMS 3.1 Gal tank = Roll

Fender Bag

$25.00 keyed on/off switch (minimal protection)

Guts Seat (Tall Soft)

$150 DS kit (brake light, dual beam headlight, horn, mirror & plate holder)

DOT Tires

Just received the correct AIS removal kit.

Last dirt bike I owned was back in 1989, a 87 KX250. The WR is awesome!

Where did you get the plate holder???