If not now, VERY SOON!

if i were a quad guy, this one would be in my garage!

if i were a quad guy, this one would be in my garage!

I'm not a quad guy either, but I did put one of these in my garage (700R, F.I.):

07raptor700r_blue_3_copy_169f98b3.jpg

It's all for ya-ya's...it brings me closer to my monkey roots. :thumbsup:

Fuel Injected too - When are they going to put this engine set up in a XR650R replacement bike???/

I doubt the bottom end can be used for anything else. It has an unusual chain location for the independent rear suspension: "...Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design..."

I really wish this quad was more Raptor-like. It seems like it's designed purpose is almost more KFX700-like than Raptor-like. I was hoping for a lightweight dune monster--basically a TRX450R except big displacement. Time will tell where the TRX700XX fits into the marketplace. From my perspective, I think Honda missed the boat on this one. That really irritates me because a Raptor 700 with better styling, manufactured by Honda is the quad I (and lots of people I know) really want.

:thumbsup:

TRX700XX

15604_preview.jpg

I wish they had taken that EFI 686cc engine and put it in something more like this (TRX450R)

NV38042_1_400.jpg

I guess I shouldn't be too judgmental until we see how it actually performs. There better be a way to get rid of all the plastic on the front though. It's fat and ugly looking as-is from the angle pictured, IMO.

I doubt the bottom end can be used for anything else. It has an unusual chain location for the independent rear suspension: "...Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design..."

IRS will be interesting. It is much more complex (CV-joint axles, etc.) than a straight axle, but gives a very different and more tractable riding style. For what I got a quad for, the straight axle is the way to go---it makes for very entertaining antics, especially when driven by a big-bore. :bonk:

I really wish this quad was more Raptor-like. It seems like it's designed purpose is almost more KFX700-like than Raptor-like. I was hoping for a lightweight dune monster--basically a TRX450R except big displacement.

Time will tell where the TRX700XX fits into the marketplace. From my perspective, I think Honda missed the boat on this one. That really irritates me because a Raptor 700 with better styling, manufactured by Honda is the quad I (and lots of people I know) really want.

Looks like a KFX700/700R contention, to me. This class isn't for racing, or technical trails---they are just capable, light (for their displacement), VERY powerful, fun machines. IMO, dunes need displacement, and any of these 3 will fit the bill, and with only a few modifications. For alightweight monster, there's always the Banshee. :eek:

I guess I shouldn't be too judgmental until we see how it actually performs. There better be a way to get rid of all the plastic on the front though. It's fat and ugly looking as-is from the angle pictured, IMO.

Ugly plastic? Sawzall solves all! :ride:

Looks like the lower half of the front plastic is a bumper, like the 700R has in the pic, above. To me, all the big bore quads look kind of "hulking". What matters is your superglued on grin when you whack the throttle open. :eek::thumbsup: As a Honda fan, I bet it is a success.

I sure hope a CRF700R comes out soon, I'd buy one. Otherwise KTM might give honda a run for their money.