Clarke 4 vs 4.7 differences

Would probably be a good idea to identify what bike it is going on.

In any case, I have both a Clark 4.5 and a IMS 3.2 tanks for my 650R. Size-wise, they both work great and the feel is similar.

However, I seem to run the larger tank most of the time on my bike even if I'm going short distance. Having the larger tank has never been a nuisance...but has come in handy many times.

I only run the smaller tank for races...but lately have been running the larger tank at races to help with pit strategy.

I've had both the 4.0 and the 4.7 Clarke on my XR-L. I have the 4.7 on it now because I wanted the extra capacity. The 4.7 is slightly wider between the legs than the 4.0 but I really haven't noticed it while riding. I rarely ride my L up on the tank mx style. I'm ususally standing or leaning back over higher speed stuff so the width of the tank isnt' a big deal. I did have to add a second piece of padding under the tank compared to the 4.0 to make sure it clears the cyl head on the right side.

IMO the 4.0 is slightly better looking. If you aren't desparate for the capacity, get the 4.0. If you really need the extra gas, the 4.7 works fine.

I've had both the 4.0 and the 4.7 Clarke on my XR-L. I have the 4.7 on it now because I wanted the extra capacity. The 4.7 is slightly wider between the legs than the 4.0 but I really haven't noticed it while riding. I rarely ride my L up on the tank mx style. I'm ususally standing or leaning back over higher speed stuff so the width of the tank isnt' a big deal. I did have to add a second piece of padding under the tank compared to the 4.0 to make sure it clears the cyl head on the right side.

IMO the 4.0 is slightly better looking. If you aren't desparate for the capacity, get the 4.0. If you really need the extra gas, the 4.7 works fine.

I agree with evomx971, if you don't need the extra capacity go with the 4.0. I myself have the 4.7 gal on my L, but I ride in places where I need the capacity. The 4.7 is a little bulbous I would say, but does not get ion the way of my riding position. I am usually up front on the seat and find that my inner knees do feel the tank...if that makes sense. The 4.0 gal is a little slimmer, and you would be giving up (if you went with the 4.0) about 40 miles of mileage capacity.

Geo