Moving to a quieter pipe

yes i did the search. 05 plated wr450 all free mods done. rejetted and new needle.

currently i have a big gun that is loud as heck. it has fresh packing and it has a baffle still loud as loud can be. last month we went to shaver lake and went rock crawling. not to smart but hey what is done is done. i smashed up the header pipe pretty bad.

so my ? is who makes the best combo for the best price? i want to be around the 96db so i wont get hassled in the future and i obviously need to get a header and the muffler.

i have seen the fmf. a yoshimura pipe was recommended as well. i trust all of you more then a few wiseacres i know.

what do you all think?

FMF Q4 w/ stainless powerbomb headpipe. The sx version will give you the best pull down low, mx more on top.

idb? was looking at that.

is it true you have to order a separate part to get it down to

The only pipe to use is a LEO VINCE!!! 95db 4-5 horsepower increase, exellent durability and great fit and finish! Plus it comes with 3 or 4 different inserts and a spark arrester!

FMF Q4 w/ stainless powerbomb headpipe. The sx version will give you the best pull down low, mx more on top.

is the mega bomb a better way to go over a power bomb?

I have the Q2 with the powerbomb header. It is quiet, and pulls hard well past midrange. I'm sure the Q4 would be the same.

The megabomb is more of a top end headpipe. It is shorter overall and the megabomb is to compensate and give a little boost to the low and mid. Just depends where you want the power. I started with an FMF ti powercore w/ stock headpipe and it pulled hard all the way to the rev limiter. I then put on the powerbomb and noticed a big shift in the power. It now chugs and pulls very hard down low and through the mid and tapers off a little earlier on top.

The megabomb is more of a top end headpipe. It is shorter overall and the megabomb is to compensate and give a little boost to the low and mid. Just depends where you want the power. I started with an FMF ti powercore w/ stock headpipe and it pulled hard all the way to the rev limiter. I then put on the powerbomb and noticed a big shift in the power. It now chugs and pulls very hard down low and through the mid and tapers off a little earlier on top.

I agree.......I used to think the fmf powerbomb header didn't give much boost but I have used it lately and it definitely boosts low end and decreases noise by at least a few decibels.

I've got a stock 05 YZ450F pipe on my 06 WR450. It's quiet, and increases power quite a bit. It was free, too. Someone was throwing it away!! I had a $400 Pro-Circuit on there before, but I ended up ditching it for the stocker.

I bought the FMF Ti Power Core can from Rocky Mountain ($249) and the "Quiet Core" insert. Pretty quiet I gotta say!