HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Irwin

New XR650L

11 posts in this topic

Just bought, this Honda really pops a lot on deceleration. I want to leave the bike stock for now to avoid any warranty issues. But I would like to richen up the mix to stop the pop. The Idle screw has a tab on it. What's the best approach to richen her up?

Ritchen her up. Best mods to do are the Daves Mods. Do a search. I would not wory about the warranty on this one . Oh and smog removal.

What I did was, I left the tab on the screw, and filed the tab on the bowl- that left me with the tab on the screw as an indicator/handle.

A small file, and you can file the bowl on the bike.

Dave

I just bought mine in may and its popping a lot also so i think i'll be filing as well.

you should also rejet/shim the needle at the same time.

Filing of the bowl is done and the bike is much happier now. Also put on the Performance design lowering link. Whoo hooo I can feel the ground again.

Thanks for the help

Filing of the bowl is done and the bike is much happier now. Also put on the Performance design lowering link. Whoo hooo I can feel the ground again.

Thanks for the help

After lowering the rear, did you raise the forks in the triple clamps then to lower the front ?

daves mod and removal of the smog/charcoal canister..... it will take that pop right off. i posted a great link for daves mods and the removal about a week ago... search for my post and its very easy.