HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRF450_R1

HELP Jetting -2003 250sx w/ 04 CARB -LOST MY SNAP

3 posts in this topic

I have a 2003 KTM 250sx and I NEED HELP with jetting, I have tried switching jets(pilot and Main) I have tried different needles and have a jd jetting kit I have tried messing with the idle screw. I have a 2003 and a 2004 carb!! I have heard there were changes in 04 to the carb and/or its settings(I dont know for sure) but apparently the 04 does have less snap than the 03 (I thought that was due to more flywheel/crank inertia but no one around here knows aanything.

Right now I have a Jd needle in the 04 carb, with a 172 main and a 40 pilot 1 1/4 turn out, I live in Vancouver Canada and usually ride from sea level to 2500 ft - 750 m. Does anyone out there have any input as to what the best setup is for my bike/conditions. I know this is the place to find out. I am having trouble finding anyone that rides a 250sx these days in the trails (YES I want a 300 too....) Thanks

Here's the stock jetting recommendations for your elevation from 61-78 degrees F

AS: 1.5

PJ: 48

NJ: N3CW clip at 2nd position

MJ: 172

This is for a PWK - 38S AG with a 6.5 slide and 5 mm atomizer

This is straight from the factory repair manual. Can't help you with the '04 carb

PM me your email address and I will send you the stock jetting chart for the '03' 250SX. I can't send it to you in a PM.