Adjustable leak jet

Did a quick search and found nothing, so here it goes....

Merge Racing, Adjustable Leak Jet Kit

http://www.mergeracing.com/alj/index.php

Has anyone used this product, know someone who used it, or know anything more about this product than what is on the MFG website. It looks great and the concept is novel, at least to me, so any info on this product would be great. Really I want to know if it is worth the $150.

wingnut16

They state "Unfortunately, changing the leak jet can be time consuming"

This is false...pull the four carb bolts and the float bowl comes right off:bonk:

It aint so easy on the 07 aluminum frame. In fact, getting to the carb is a real pain in the a$$. Got to remove subframe, rear shock and then deal with a nightmare of hoses, cables, rubber pieces, etc. Ive rejetted a few bikes in my past, but the 07 wr 450 was by far the most difficult.

• 7 months later...
It aint so easy on the 07 aluminum frame. In fact, getting to the carb is a real pain in the a$$. Got to remove subframe, rear shock and then deal with a nightmare of hoses, cables, rubber pieces, etc. Ive rejetted a few bikes in my past, but the 07 wr 450 was by far the most difficult.

wow, my 08 seems just about impossible to get the carb off.

thankfully my mixture plug came out without to much problem and i was able

to richen her up and make the initial bog go away...

i will have to fatten the jets up a little me thinks still. not looking forward to it.

cheers

Warts

You can change all of the jets and do all of the carb mods with the carb installed on your bike. You will need to pull the exhaust off to do the AP O-ring mod, but other than that it just takes a couple of ball end allen drivers to get the bowl off or needle out.

I put the Merge on my 08 WR450 and love it. To get the floatbowl off is a major pain. My bike had a major bog and the Merge got rid off it.

When the weather changes all I'll have to do is turn a screw. The Merge and adjustable fuel screw make adjustments a breeze instead a PIA.

I highly reccomend it.