Mirror?

One thing I forgot to mention. When using the Baja Designs kit you do not have to do the stator part of the instructions. Ben at Baja told me a work around for this. Very easy to do. Put tape on the little metal piece inside the combo switch. Grouded the left over wire that would be going to the stator to the frame. And run the original kill switch. Worked like a dream.

Ron

Ron, do you have any bark busters on there? if not use the Third Eye bar end mirrors (third eye is the brand name). I run them on my buell and they work great and are removed quickly. plus they only cost 12 bucks. you can get them at your local bike shop.

Later,

Ronin

Ron, do you have any bark busters on there? if not use the Third Eye bar end mirrors (third eye is the brand name). I run them on my buell and they work great and are removed quickly. plus they only cost 12 bucks. you can get them at your local bike shop.

Later,

Ronin

Ron, there are replacement billet clutch perch/ brake mount clamps available (Dennis Kirk, Chapparal catalogs and many more I'm sure) that integrate an industry standard 10mm mirror mount hole. Then you can simply go to any bike dealer and find a bike with mirrors you like. I will have to check to see which I finally settled on (same problem) but they are nice fold-in models so they only come off at the MX track on the rare occassions that I am up to racing.

Please read my post and send me pictures and licensing info for your state. Enjoy every minute on your fine machine!

Holy understatement Batman... I too have wasted 20 bucks on the Acerbis mirror. What a joke, most the time all I see is a fuzzy elbow looking object following me very closely ?

Anyway, whats with the bar end models?? Do you just cut a hole in the end of the grip, kinda like those mountain bike handle bar end thingies??? Seems like that would be a good idea for seeing around my arm, but crunch bait if/when I lay it down.

Hmmm....

• 2 weeks later...

In Michigan a mirror on your helmet is street

legal. This is what i use for street and trail. I think the name is bug eyes. They are small, cheap,stick well to the helmet and work well.

Another idea is to put any mirror on the bike if needed for legal street riding, and then use an elastic strapped mirror on the back of your left hand.

Speaking of Mirrors, I just found this really cool helmet mounted mirror, (Mountain Bike Product) It attaches to the side of the helmet with double sided tape and is adjustable. I'm gonna give it a try for the next GNCC.

Bonzai ?