HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woodshop

XR 650 wont start after drop!

9 posts in this topic

A friend of mine rides a XR 650R sometimes he falls down and his bike will not start back up kicks till blue in the face and the suka wont start? anyone no a drill or any tips to get this thing to fire after a drop?? :excuseme:Bike has free mods done ,jetting & pipe any help would would appreciated.

After the drop, pull the decomp, kick that pig 3X through, and 1/4 throttle or less, to restart, (assuming you dont have an Eddie and/or proper jetting stock carb(68s 175main..... middle needle)) and it should fire.......:thumbsup:

With the stock carb....

Pull in the compression release lever and hold the kill switch. If you don't hold the kill switch, you may get a backfire through the air box.

Three or four kicks with full throttle.

Release the compression release lever and the kill switch then start normally.

Works for me 100 percent of the time.

When its been laid down, gas flows out the bowl and into the carb throat, flooding the engine with gas.

The full throttle kicking clears it right out.

Dave

Yes Sir You ARE CORRECT Mr. Dave by way of NY...

this is the problem, flooding

the solution is wide open throttle. Works for me and I've been down a few times.:p

sB

With the stock carb....

Pull in the compression release lever and hold the kill switch. If you don't hold the kill switch, you may get a backfire through the air box.

Three or four kicks with full throttle.

Release the compression release lever and the kill switch then start normally.

Works for me 100 percent of the time.

This procedure works for me as well.

if you do flood the slug. turn the petrol off kill switch in de comp in and full thottle give it 8 to 10 kicks. then fuel back on then start with no revs. its allways worked for me. but now av got the crf450x a just love that start button . kb.