Pressing The Stem Shaft + Fork Height Question

I need to remove the stem shaft from my OEM clamp and install it into the new set. Any advise before I do this? I'm guessing its a straight forward deal but maybe someone here has some insight on job. I'm guessing the shaft presses downwards towards the wheel. When I install it into the new clamp will it seat up against something or just press it until its tight :excuseme: I'm hoping its not stuck on there good because I don't want to break anything.

I would just take it down to your local dealer and have them do it while you wait. I have done it a few times and it takes about 15 minutes, depending on how busy their service department is and it usually costs me 20 dollars.

Thanks. Did the job myself today and it was easy as cake. It was pressed in there pretty tight though... it let go wit a bit if a bang lol

Thanks. Did the job myself today and it was easy as cake. It was pressed in there pretty tight though... it let go wit a bit if a bang lol

How did you do it? Did you just remove it or were you pressing a new one on?

How did you do it? Did you just remove it or were you pressing a new one on?

I pressed the stem shaft out of my OEM clamp and then into the new one.

So now that I have the 24mm offset clamps is there any need at all to have my forks raised up in the clamp? I was thinking about putting them back to the line but not sure if thats the best thing to do. I have no time to test settings out at this point because I'm racing on Sunday. I don't want to change too many things at once to mess the setup up.. so maybe just leave them raised? :thumbsup:

I'd leave them raised. You will then be changing one thing at a time.