HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heavyhitter

650L what fuel tank?

13 posts in this topic

heh, I have alot of questions... Im picking up a used XR that is stock and I plan on dumping some money into it asap.

I was a larger fuel tank than stock but I still dont want a HUGE tank and I plan on primarly making mine a dirt machine. I want a slim durable tank, maybe one that I can add a corbin to later. I was thinking a Clarke. Maybe an IMS what are your experinces, pluses and minuses of both?

IMHO the Clark is slightly bulbous, so I went with the IMS 4.0. Got it through TT Store after price shopping they beat everyone elses price. Fit and finish is exceptional.

I got the clark 4.0.Love it not too bulky,corbin fits right on.get about 180 miles to the tank if you dont beat on it too much....

I got the clark 4.0.Love it not too bulky,corbin fits right on.get about 180 miles to the tank if you dont beat on it too much....

I got the Clarke 5.0 gal, not really too bulky IMO. Definately easier to put the new tank on than it was to get the stock tank off.

I've got the clark also I just wish it were bigger than the 4gal. Maybe a 4.7 at least.

I have the Clarke 4.7 gal tank...I like it...got for $185 shipped on ebay store. The IMS tank was more expensive. The front stablizer (comes with it) for the Clarke tank makes it rock solid on the bike (XR650L). :thumbsup:

Geo

I had both the Clark and IMS delivered to the house and sent them both back for finish problems. ended up with the Big acerbis sahara. Acerbis quality makes the others look like your kids made em in art class. The problem is that its too big for general dirt riding in my opinion, but great for long days out in Moab or wherever you don't want ot get stuck. An xr650 will drop down into the mid 20's mpg if tuned a bit so range is a challenge.

Just put a Clarke 4.7 on my XRL with no problems. Fit like a glove, with no major changes to riding position. I like it!

Hello,

Does anyone have a pic of the 4.7 gas tank installed?

Kevin

Yeah, I'll go out and take a pic of mine then post it shortly.

Geo