Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FZ1426

Aluminum Kickstand for an XR?

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody make an aluminum replacement kickstand for the XR600?

My kickstand broke on my 650R, and I did not see anything out there that I wanted to use, or I thought was better then the stock kickstand. I ended up replacing it with an OEM part. Here's a few links I have used for OEM Honda Parts...

http://www.servicehonda.com/

http://www.hdlparts.com/

since I got the suspension redone, my kickstand is a little short and the bike leans pretty heavily to the side. I guess I can bring a small block of wood along or have it cut, extended and welded, but it's not that bad that I'd really go through all that hassle. I'd actually prefer a center stand like on my KTM if such a thing could be mounted. anyone ever see one for the 650R?

I made one for my 1991 XR600 (when I had it) out of a piece of flat stock 1in x 1/2 in.6061 T6 aluninum. It was not very hard but it was one of a kind.

rmhrc630: TT store doesn't make those anymore! That was for the DRZ right? I tried to order one just recently and they said they were discontinued!!! Any idea where I can find another one???

rmhrc630: TT store doesn't make those anymore! That was for the DRZ right? I tried to order one just recently and they said they were discontinued!!! Any idea where I can find another one???

yep spot on!!!

the people that made them were pro moto billet. maybe give them a call?