New Honda CRF250Rs have steering stabilizer

Not coal, you got a Yamaha!

I have a steering stabilizer that works just fine. Its been on 4 bikes now.

Its called a Scotts.

I don't care what Honda sticks on their bikes, I wont buy one.

I have a steering stabilizer that works just fine. Its been on 4 bikes now.

Its called a Scotts.

I don't care what Honda sticks on their bikes, I wont buy one.

Me either. i don't have any issues with headshake anyways.

You should be happy that the yamaha's handle so well, that they don't need a staballizer. :worthy: :worthy:

I just checked my valves at 80 hours and they were still in spec. I'm not too concerned w/ yamaha not putting stabilizers on my bike.

It is great to see that honda is putting into production what the pros have had for several years....this is a great addition to hondas line

too bad honda probably has a patent on it.....

you know why honda puts that crap on their bikes, its a gimmick because they can't hang with the yamahas. don't worry, your bike is still greater. they just put new shiny things on it to make it seem like a good bike, but in reality, would you rather have some steering stabilizer and a engine you have to rebuild for $1400 every year or so or a bike without that stabilizer and you don't have to rebuild it for 3-4 or more years. i'd go with the better engine. you can buy a stabilizer for a few hundred if you really wanted one, the engine is how you get it unless you drop tons of money into it.

Intriguing.

But not a Scotts.

but grayracer513, the thing has to work very well. honda has kept any details about the stabilizer a secret, they wuldn't show anyone if a camera was present or someone they couldn't trust. so it has to work well if it was that secret. but in my mind its still just another gimmick to pull you over to their corner.

Oooooh, Secrets! homer_simpson.jpg

08s are here. secrets out. oh well

but grayracer513, the thing has to work very well. honda has kept any details about the stabilizer a secret, they wuldn't show anyone if a camera was present or someone they couldn't trust. so it has to work well if it was that secret. but in my mind its still just another gimmick to pull you over to their corner.

not really. All these manufacturers have marketing teams. They keep it a secret to build up the hype. Its doesnt have to work well at all really. As long as it is a gimmick to get you to buy a bike, thats all that matters to them. They just care about making money. Dont get me wrong, i bet it works and works well. but i dont think it will live up to the hype.

not really. All these manufacturers have marketing teams. They keep it a secret to build up the hype. Its doesnt have to work well at all really. As long as it is a gimmick to get you to buy a bike, thats all that matters to them. They just care about making money. Dont get me wrong, i bet it works and works well. but i dont think it will live up to the hype.
Sarcasm doesn't always come out that well in print, does it, nap? :smirk:

what? lol

what? lol
The post you quoted was dripping with sarcasm. Sometimes it's hard to see when it's written.
you know why honda puts that crap on their bikes, its a gimmick because they can't hang with the yamahas. don't worry, your bike is still greater. they just put new shiny things on it to make it seem like a good bike, but in reality, would you rather have some steering stabilizer and a engine you have to rebuild for $1400 every year or so or a bike without that stabilizer and you don't have to rebuild it for 3-4 or more years. i'd go with the better engine. you can buy a stabilizer for a few hundred if you really wanted one, the engine is how you get it unless you drop tons of money into it.

and This is coming from a kxf guy. he probally ment he has to rebuild his every 3 or 4 months

o yea. Btw i ride a honda crf250. I have nothing against yamaha, ktm, kawi, suzuki, etc. I ride what i am comfortable on. Some people that ride a certain brand hate every other brand. Also i work at a honda, kawi, and yami dealer so we get to see all the marketing ploys that these companies come out with. for

'08

Honda- Steering Stabilizer

Kawasaki-Black Wheels, and pre-cut backrounds

Yamaha- Different color selections. (nothing really new)

Suzuki- Fuel injection

Ktm- not really anything. (maybe just the fact that its a ktm) i donno