YZ450F 2007 Hard shift between 1st and 2nd

Anybody have any trouble with this or a fix. The bike was bought new and has less than 8 hours on it.

Are you sure your not shifting into neutral by accident?

The dealer should have a fix for it if it only has 8 hrs.

I just bought a new 07 YZ450F about 5 weeks ago. I hated it, wouldn't shift, couldn't find neutral, etc...After the first day I changed the oil to Yamaha 4R and it was a noticeable improvement. I change the oil after every race and it's much better now. :ride:

I just bought a new 07 YZ450F about 5 weeks ago. I hated it, wouldn't shift, couldn't find neutral, etc...After the first day I changed the oil to Yamaha 4R and it was a noticeable improvement. I change the oil after every race and it's much better now. :ride:

same thing with my 07 wr, it was such a pain in the a** to get into neutral

Try Amsoil.

Yes I'm sure because it is in 2nd after I shifted from 1st. Its a hard shift and you can't find nuetral most of the time.

thanks

Improper clutch adjustment leading to an incomplete release (clutch drag) will make neutral difficult to hit.

I dont know anyone who uses 1st gear...But not to start ANOTHER oil thread, Im a fully synthetic kinda guy. 4R is semi-crap that costs just as much

I have had the same issue with finding Neutral on my 07 YZ450f .. i found that if you're in first gear, w/o using clutch, pull up on lever and goes to Neutral everytime, really quickly. OTHERWISE, if I try with the clutch, it takes me a good 3 - 5 tries to find Neutral or stall the bike thinking that its neutral.. Try the no clutch from 1st technique !! deke/ phoenix