What exhaust are you running 650L

Looks like alot of people like the WB disk system or atleast thats what I see in alot of pics. Care to weight in what you are using?

Im looking for bettrer flow and not looking to repack like mad. I do enough of that on my 2 stroke. Whats your thoughts?

White bros

2 bros

FMF

Supertrapp

Pro Circuit

e2 series.

Mine has a Pro Circuit T-4. A little loud but it breathes good.:applause:

Stock header with Pro Circuit T-4. Loud but gobs more power!:applause:

oh yea, grind header welds on mine

WB E-Series w/12 disc's

Stock header, Arrow rear

XR's Only full stainless system with their stainless header:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=46261

WB's new XCR slip on....niiiice! :thumbsup:

Geo

XR's Only full stainless system with their stainless header:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=46261

Bike looks fantastic RJ, very nice ! :thumbsup:

Sent you a PM .......

WB E-Series w/12 disc's

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WB's new XCR slip on....niiiice! :thumbsup:

Geo

How do you like the XCR Rod? Was thinking about getting that one or the FMF Q2. Any comments about either?:excuseme:

Are there power gains from an after market header or do most of you run stock?

XRs only full system oval in stainless with a mikuni flat slide non pumper.

How do you like the XCR Rod? Was thinking about getting that one or the FMF Q2. Any comments about either?:excuseme:

The White Bros. XCR aluminum slip-on exhaust is their newest slip-on. It goes over the stock header pipes and works with the stock jetting (if you are too lazy to adjust jetting like I was...I am at 7400 ft). It doesn't have tunable discs like the old E-series, but neither does their new E2 pipe either. To switch from spark arrester config to racing config (and vice versa), it takes only one little screw and about 1 minute. It is also about $100 cheaper than the E2. I got mine off ebay store for $250 delivered. It has a nice cool mean throaty sound. It is not as loud as the XR Only's pipe or the Big Gun...not sure about FMF Q2. I really like what I got. :thumbsup: Very big and noticeable power gain over stack pipe, but then again, any aftermarket pipe will give you a big gain over stock. This thread has a pic of it on an XR650L like mine:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534725&highlight=XCR+exhaust

Hope this helps.

Geo

:ride:

Thanks for the info Geo. The rejetting info has sold me on the pipe now. I am riding at 4300 up to 9000+ here, so the less I gotta fool with the better.

Thanks for the info Geo. The rejetting info has sold me on the pipe now. I am riding at 4300 up to 9000+ here, so the less I gotta fool with the better.

Mind you, however, that I did desnorkel and went with a high-flow air filter in addition to the pipe. Bike also has smog controls removed (reason: I'm in NM...not CA..clean air our here).

Geo

Are there power gains from an after market header or do most of you run stock?

minimal, unless i think you have done cam/hicomp piston and intake mods.

I'm running the exceptionally righteous FMF Q2 and am very happy with it. Louder than I expected it to be for a "quiet" pipe, but still not too loud. Great sound both on acceleration and deceleration. I couldn't tell you about any performance difference since I did all my performance mods at once:ride: