320 lb guy WR suspension questions

i have a buddy that has an 03 wr450.

he had custom fork springs made and has a really stiff shock spring to support the weight.

hes about 320 without gear.

he wants to buy an 07 wr450.

are the forks different?

hes thinking about putting the forks from the 03 onto the 07.

if the forks cant swap, are the springs the same?

thx Quinn

It may be possible to swap the forks if a upper / lower clamp assembly is available... the real question would be - Will the steering head and clamps off the 03' work on the 07' - my gut tells me no:excuseme:.

SXP is right, the rear spring will interchange just fine.

Now about Nutrisystems for your buddy:smirk:

That's a pretty ignorant thing to post. I'm 6'5" and 300 lbs. I'm not overweight but large due to body building. I ride an 06 wr450 and it carries my weight just fine after a simple suspension mod. Some of us big guys enjoy trail riding as much as the next guy!

• 2 weeks later...
That's a pretty ignorant thing to post. I'm 6'5" and 300 lbs. I'm not overweight but large due to body building. I ride an 06 wr450 and it carries my weight just fine after a simple suspension mod. Some of us big guys enjoy trail riding as much as the next guy!

Will I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people out there that are 300+ pounds are not body builders but over eaters.

Bodybuilder here...you're probably right. I've even dropped to 230-235 now that I no longer lift routinely - hard to maintain that weight for long unless you eat a ton of food and keep lifting. When I started rding, I was at 300 lbs and re-sprung the 450 did just fine. Just trying to inspire big guys out there - not everyone that has an interst in off road riding is the size of a pro-mx'er. Hell, riding may even help a guy that eats too much!

My neighbor is a really huge guy. He's gotta be like 300lbs or close to that. But he is a really good rider even at his weight. Gets beaten up on whoops a little, but other than that he rides great!

BTW: he rides an EXC 525 with all the suspension mods.

Will I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people out there that are 300+ pounds are not body builders but over eaters.

I'm a 6'3" 295 lbs guy and although I had to get stiffer springs, I have to wait for half of the guys I ride with - even the 195 lb MXers.

Its also fun to see the looks on some of their faces when they see a fat guy on a WR clearing some of the big doubles that they wont hit. On their CRFs and YZfs.?

Anyone who wants to get out and ride REGARDLESS of size or sex should be welcome here and helped out finding the information that they are looking for.? Now off the soapbox. You might give Motion Pro Suspension a call or visit on the net. They can work wonders if you give them the right info.

P.S. If you and your buddy are ever in WA give me a call.