'05 yz450 hard crank after layed over/down

stupid question but i wana know why, after what ever reason, my bike is layed over on the ground. when i try to crank it, it takes a while for me to crank it back up.

also, when bike is warm, and i go to crank, I usually dont have to use hot start lever, sometimes i actually have to use the choke? if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

thanks, bird

i dont just lay the bike down, but when i wadd up and eat it. someone please help me out.

any one? please?

Is it flooded after a crash? Tip the bike sideways to drain out the carb bowl and try again? Maybe your jetting is off or your fuel/air screw needs some attention? In hot weather I rarely use the hot start lever. If your choking it your giving it more fuel so I guess the above carb suggestion doesn't apply? Tinker with it if you have the problem when it's cold on start up indicating some possible adjustments. I'll assume the bike is up to par with maintenance also. Good luck!

hmm i have a similar problem. If i understand correctly, ur having trouble restarting. For some reason when i stall my bike, a good share of the time i have to use the choke, i dont know why. Im pretty shure my jetting is lean too because it backfires. Man these 4-strokes are quirky :thumbsup:

hmm i have a similar problem. If i understand correctly, ur having trouble restarting. For some reason when i stall my bike, a good share of the time i have to use the choke, i dont know why. Im pretty shure my jetting is lean too because it backfires. Man these 4-strokes are quirky :thumbsup:

not too quirky apparently, you do have the correct cause and effect for yours. Do a search on how to do throttle chop jetting or ask someone in the tech section, or even better find a dyno shop that does street bikes and see if they will jet your bike for you.