HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ztard

riding a 426 slow

10 posts in this topic

How bad is it?

I have been getting my boy up and running on his PW50, and I have been letting him follow me on the trails. I have been running the bike in first gear/idle just to stay slow enough so he can keep up. I know the bike is getting hotter than normal, but I am not boiling any coolant out. What are my risks if I continue?

Should I just buy another 50 so I can ride with him.

My son chugs along behind me on his 70 and I have never had any problems. You can definitely feel the heat coming off the engine but I pop it into 2nd and get it moving once in a while. Seems to cool it down pretty fast.

yah, aside from it heating up I can't think of anything hurting it too bad....you could always mount a box fan to one of the rads and run a long extension chord :thumbsup::lol:

If it's not burping any coolant then you're not too hot. Have no fear, you're ok. Buying another 50 is never a bad idea- the're FUN! If you're going to get one for you to ride get a TTR or CRF instead of a PW. You could also get a 70 or so that you could ride and that way you have something the kid could grow into.

I have the same situation.. but on a hot day i can see coolant coming out the overflow. This had made me think of buying the better antifreeze and the water conditioner to help dissapate heat.

Can anything bad happen, I have had this bike one summer and dont want to mess it up!!

Maybe I should have bought him the peppy kawasaki , when we trail ride I try and have him in front of me - I found out the hard way, constant looking behind me I ended up on the ground.:thumbsdn:

I found out the hard way, constant looking behind me I ended up on the ground.:thumbsdn:

When my wife first started riding I did that a lot. Finally, she started getting faster, now I can hear her on my butt most of the time. :eek:

How bad is it?

I have been getting my boy up and running on his PW50, and I have been letting him follow me on the trails. I have been running the bike in first gear/idle just to stay slow enough so he can keep up. I know the bike is getting hotter than normal, but I am not boiling any coolant out. What are my risks if I continue?

Should I just buy another 50 so I can ride with him.

If your not boiling over, your OK. If you want to drop the engine temp down, get some 2twocool. Add 3 oz per oil change. The 2twocool will make a big difference in the heat the motor generates. The 2twocool is available in the TT store. :thumbsup: