riding a 426 slow

How bad is it?

I have been getting my boy up and running on his PW50, and I have been letting him follow me on the trails. I have been running the bike in first gear/idle just to stay slow enough so he can keep up. I know the bike is getting hotter than normal, but I am not boiling any coolant out. What are my risks if I continue?

Should I just buy another 50 so I can ride with him.

My son chugs along behind me on his 70 and I have never had any problems. You can definitely feel the heat coming off the engine but I pop it into 2nd and get it moving once in a while. Seems to cool it down pretty fast.

yah, aside from it heating up I can't think of anything hurting it too bad....you could always mount a box fan to one of the rads and run a long extension chord :thumbsup::lol:

If it's not burping any coolant then you're not too hot. Have no fear, you're ok. Buying another 50 is never a bad idea- the're FUN! If you're going to get one for you to ride get a TTR or CRF instead of a PW. You could also get a 70 or so that you could ride and that way you have something the kid could grow into.

wow....the :lol: suddenly got sorta cynical

If you're not spitting coolant, it isn't too hot. No worries.

Thanks to all for the advice, even the box fan Idea

I have the same situation.. but on a hot day i can see coolant coming out the overflow. This had made me think of buying the better antifreeze and the water conditioner to help dissapate heat.

Can anything bad happen, I have had this bike one summer and dont want to mess it up!!

Maybe I should have bought him the peppy kawasaki, when we trail ride I try and have him in front of me - I found out the hard way, constant looking behind me I ended up on the ground.:thumbsdn:

I found out the hard way, constant looking behind me I ended up on the ground.:thumbsdn:

When my wife first started riding I did that a lot. Finally, she started getting faster, now I can hear her on my butt most of the time. :eek:

How bad is it?

I have been getting my boy up and running on his PW50, and I have been letting him follow me on the trails. I have been running the bike in first gear/idle just to stay slow enough so he can keep up. I know the bike is getting hotter than normal, but I am not boiling any coolant out. What are my risks if I continue?

Should I just buy another 50 so I can ride with him.

If your not boiling over, your OK. If you want to drop the engine temp down, get some 2twocool. Add 3 oz per oil change. The 2twocool will make a big difference in the heat the motor generates. The 2twocool is available in the TT store. :thumbsup: