New '07 XR650R for $4900 is sure tempting

Oil change on a "R" is not anymore then the "L". It's the type of riding the bike ("R") was made for that requires the more often oil change and more frequent valve adjustment. What I am saying is if both bike were ran the same the oil should be changed the same and if both were ran the same and just as hard the maintance would be the same or less for the "R". The oil in the "R" is not worked as hard nor does it get as hot to do the same job as the "L".

Oil change on a "R" is not anymore then the "L". It's the type of riding the bike ("R") was made for that requires the more often oil change and more frequent valve adjustment. What I am saying is if both bike were ran the same the oil should be changed the same and if both were ran the same and just as hard the maintance would be the same or less for the "R". The oil in the "R" is not worked as hard nor does it get as hot to do the same job as the "L".

I agree 100%, and this should be common sense to most, but as you know the "L" will never do the same job as the "R"...:ride::thumbsup:

I agree 100%, and this should be common sense to most, but as you know the "L" will never do the same job as the "R"...:eek::thumbsup:

Nor will the R ever do the same job as the L... :eek::ride::bonk: