Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tw557

06-07 yz450f stock exhaust difference?

11 posts in this topic

I need a stock exhaust slipon. The headpipe is good. Is there any difference between an 06 and 07. I found a couple 07's on ebay. Heck, I'd try an 08 if I knew it would fit. Thanks I have an 06.

I need a stock exhaust slipon. The headpipe is good. Is there any difference between an 06 and 07. I found a couple 07's on ebay. Heck, I'd try an 08 if I knew it would fit. Thanks I have an 06.

Try to PM Ga426owner, by the looks of the pics he posted of that killer 06, he has replaced his.

I think the '07s and '08s have a smaller diameter midpipe than the '06, but I'm not positive.

The 2006 and 2007 head pipes are not the same! The 07 pipe is larger in diameter compared to the 06.

sorry, how in the world does one find out what fits what? will xxx fit on my yyy? will an 04 widget-plug fit my 06 widget-hole? etc...

thanks

sorry, how in the world does one find out what fits what? will xxx fit on my yyy? will an 04 widget-plug fit my 06 widget-hole? etc...

thanks

I believe you can get by interchanging the 06/07 silencers. Even though they are different diameter headpipes, the opening on the silencers are the same. You would need to only change the GASKET that joins the two. The gaskets between the two are different thicknesses.

I have an 06, my brother has an 07. I just sold the stock exhaust systems from both. They will not fit each other in any way that I saw. The diameters of both the silencers and the head pipes are different. By the way, $50 for each is what I got for them, complete no dents.

Its pretty simple..

the stock slip on exhausts on the 06 and 07 are the same diameters . The headers are different size. The Gasket on the 06 is larger than the 07 to make up for the smaller size header... If your trying to switch between 06 and 07 just change out the gasket or order a new one. The 07 and 08 are totally interchangeable...

Its pretty simple..

the stock slip on exhausts on the 06 and 07 are the same diameters . The headers are different size. The Gasket on the 06 is larger than the 07 to make up for the smaller size header... If your trying to switch between 06 and 07 just change out the gasket or order a new one. The 07 and 08 are totally interchangeable...

I think thats what i've been saying all along!!!!!!!!!!! It is that simple