HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bibleman

Could a partially clogged pilot jet do this?

5 posts in this topic

Updated update on my hesitation problem. Besides all the other stuff I checked that I listed in the other thread, I visually checked the gas cap and it was as clean as a brand new one so I doubt that's the problem. I did clean the screen and bowl in the petcock - just a dot of dirt, everything else was perfectly clean. Ditto inside the carb - everything was spotless EXCEPT the pilot jet had a small blockage which I was able to clean out with a piece of thin wire. Could a partially clogged pilot jet cause problems at wide open throttle? It would generally run good except in 4th and 5th gears at WOT. I also noticed that partial throttle response wasn't what it used to be either. Before I button things up I would like to get your thoughts. :prof:

pilot jet resttriction could cause the partial throttle response issue, but not at WOT.

You're right because I checked the valves (good) and put it together and the problem is still there. I can't figure it out. I would think a 55/160 setup would be good. CDI?:crazy: , Shim the needle? Heeeelp

You're right because I checked the valves (good) and put it together and the problem is still there. I can't figure it out. I would think a 55/160 setup would be good. CDI?:crazy: , Shim the needle? Heeeelp

you have the djet kit right? if so shouldnt have to shim cause the needle in the kit has 5 positions if i remember right. should be in the middle position with the clip. the 160/55 is what i used in my old cv carb.