Could a partially clogged pilot jet do this?

Updated update on my hesitation problem. Besides all the other stuff I checked that I listed in the other thread, I visually checked the gas cap and it was as clean as a brand new one so I doubt that's the problem. I did clean the screen and bowl in the petcock - just a dot of dirt, everything else was perfectly clean. Ditto inside the carb - everything was spotless EXCEPT the pilot jet had a small blockage which I was able to clean out with a piece of thin wire. Could a partially clogged pilot jet cause problems at wide open throttle? It would generally run good except in 4th and 5th gears at WOT. I also noticed that partial throttle response wasn't what it used to be either. Before I button things up I would like to get your thoughts. :prof:

pilot jet resttriction could cause the partial throttle response issue, but not at WOT.

You're right because I checked the valves (good) and put it together and the problem is still there. I can't figure it out. I would think a 55/160 setup would be good. CDI?:crazy: , Shim the needle? Heeeelp

You're right because I checked the valves (good) and put it together and the problem is still there. I can't figure it out. I would think a 55/160 setup would be good. CDI?:crazy: , Shim the needle? Heeeelp

you have the djet kit right? if so shouldnt have to shim cause the needle in the kit has 5 positions if i remember right. should be in the middle position with the clip. the 160/55 is what i used in my old cv carb.

Actually I have the Daves mods set-up with the needle already shimmed .030".