What is a "Deval Lowering Link" 03' XRL650

just curious what a Deval Lowering Link is.. ? I did a google searcha dn found nothing. I'm 55 and find it hard to tho my leg over the old bike. Is this a mod for the old boys so we can get on?................or can I just relax ther rear spring some to lower it a bit?

I rode 50 miles hard trail yesterday with my son up against his YZF 450 and had a ball. The only problem is that height.. I about fell over each time gettin on of off taht beast. .

thanks..

just curious what a Deval Lowering Link is.. ? I did a google searcha dn found nothing. I'm 55 and find it hard to tho my leg over the old bike. Is this a mod for the old boys so we can get on?................or can I just relax ther rear spring some to lower it a bit?

I rode 50 miles hard trail yesterday with my son up against his YZF 450 and had a ball. The only problem is that height.. I about fell over each time gettin on of off taht beast. .

thanks..

You misspelled on the Google search... try "Devol" lowering link. You get about a 1.5" drop on the seat height after getting it in. It helped me alot going from a 37" seat height to 35.5".

I just put one on my 2007 and it lowered it 1 inch in the rear and then I dropped the forks 1 inch. Instead of being on my tip toes when I stop, I am on the balls of my feet. It helped me a lot. Go to www.devolracing.com and you can order direct from them. Don't do the spring thing.

Oh ya, forgot to tell you that you will need a press to get the bearings out of the old link to put in the new one. They are in there tight.